Author Topic: BN sextape and Haley..  (Read 12717 times)

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
Re: BN sextape and Haley..
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »
Haley had a right to freak out because when you're married, things that directly affect your husband, directly affect you too. that's how marriages work.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:48:32 AM by butterflies21 »

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
She overreacted just admit it!

She KNEW he was an ass back then and she KNEW how he treated girls back then. Shouldn't have come as a surprise but Haley still managed to make it about herself.
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
Haley had a right to freak out because when you're married, things that directly affect your husband, directly affect you too. that's how marriages work.

How did it "directly" affect Haley?

For one, it happened ages ago. And two, you can't deny the fact that Haley knew what an inconsiderate cheating ass Nathan was in the past. It didn't affect her in anyway, it just gave her another reason to treat Nathan like dirt and make him pine for her forgiveness. No one thought of Nathan any differently because unlike Haley, they all realized it was who he used to be and he's not even close to that same person anymore.

Sure, Haley had every right to be upset about it because it caught her off guard. But making him write a list of all the girls he's ever been with, ignoring him all night and making him apologize/kiss her ass over and over again was an overreaction and not necessary.

The only people that the sex tape affected were the actual people it involved: Peyton, Brooke and Nathan. Not Haley.

brattynemz

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
It's embarrassing, yes. But I think she overreacted. For someone who values sex and virginity, it's upsetting but I don't think she had the right to be mad. She didn't even like Brooke and Nathan back then! Besides, they have no obligation to tell Haley that they've had drunken sex. It was only unfortunate that she found out by seeing it for herself with a bunch of people.

Even if it's just pregnancy hormones, like a lot of pregnant women would tell herself not to stress because it might affect her baby, etc.. But she chose to stress over it...

I can understand her being a little upset, but then in 4x17 she tells Brooke "I forgave you for the sex tape with Nathan."

Honestly what is to forgive? Brooke and Haley weren't friends then, in fact Nathan, Brooke and Peyton didn't even know Haley existed then. Brooke didn't even really owe her an explanation.

The only person who had a right to be remotely upset was Peyton, seeing as she had just dumped Nathan that night.

And this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:54:40 PM by brattynemz »

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
how can you guys say that it didn't affect Haley at all? She's Nathan's wife. his past affects her, especially when she has to see it on screen in front of her whole class. You'd have to be some sort of saint to not let that affect you, honestly.

I don't know why people expect Haley to react like a perfect person to everything, and when she doesn't they pounce. all other characters over-react, but they get excused for it because of circumstances, but the circumstances are no excuse when it comes to Haley. I've observed this board and others for a long while, and people constantly give peyton and Brooke the benefit of the doubt, but never Haley. Brooke is my favorite character, and she's made alot of mistakes, but there are reasons behind that, and most people recognize that. For Haley, however, there are only a few people who try to see her point of view, and it's always been this way. It's very hypocritical.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
how can you guys say that it didn't affect Haley at all? She's Nathan's wife. his past affects her, especially when she has to see it on screen in front of her whole class. You'd have to be some sort of saint to not let that affect you, honestly.

I don't know why people expect Haley to react like a perfect person to everything, and when she doesn't they pounce. all other characters over-react, but they get excused for it because of circumstances, but the circumstances are no excuse when it comes to Haley. I've observed this board and others for a long while, and people constantly give peyton and Brooke the benefit of the doubt, but never Haley. Brooke is my favorite character, and she's made alot of mistakes, but there are reasons behind that, and most people recognize that. For Haley, however, there are only a few people who try to see her point of view, and it's always been this way. It's very hypocritical.

She IS his wife, so? Like brattynez already pointed out so well is that she had nothing to do with him or Brooke or Peyton back then. She wasn't even friends with them, hell they didn't even know who she was most likely. He has no obligations to tell her what he did with who and when. They weren't in a relationship back then. He shouldn't have to apologize for anything he did back then. It's ridiculous!

LOL WHAT?
Peyton and Brooke constantly are given the benefit of the doubt. Uhm... sure. You really did observe the board well  ::)

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 02:10:39 PM »

So because she's his wife and knew full well what kind of person he was back then and what kind of person Brooke was back then it made it okay for her to freak out and play the victim? No. First of all, it's the past. Yes, it was embarrassing and it sucked for her watching her husband's sex tape, but it wasn't a big enough reason for Haley to play the victim, ignore Nathan all night, demand Nathan to make a list of every girl he's ever slept with, and pretty much make Nathan kiss her ass over and over again until she thought it was good enough to "forgive" him for something that has nothing to do with her or their relationship now. Being a saint has nothing to do with it. Haley chose to overreact and chose to make it about her. Sorry, but that's the truth. The sex tape didn't involve Haley whatsoever.

No one's expecting Haley to react perfectly to everything. But not only did she overreact about the sex tape, but somehow, made it about her (hence making Nathan make a list of girls he's been with, making Nathan constantly apologize to her, and having the audacity to tell Brooke she "forgives" her for the sex tape).

I laughed out loud that you think Peyton and Brooke's mistakes/overreactions are given the benefit of the doubt. Til this day, people still give Peyton and Brooke crap for their mistakes. Hardly ever do I see a thread about Haley being wrong. And when there is, it's always justified, then swept under the rug and never mentioned again.

Offline the.swiss.cheese

• Posting Freak
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 03:29:01 AM »
I actually thought it was adorable how jealous she was of his past... but whatever.. to each their own. I thought whoever wrote the line about her 'forgiving Brooke' was on crack, but if it hurt her, it hurt her. Emotions defy logic.

Offline GA

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »
She was pregnant. One minute she wanted the list, and the next she didn't. She didn't even read the list and told Nathan she didn't care about the past at the end of the episode when she came down from her mania. Pregnancy is different for different people. Some people stay the same as their non-pregnant selves while others, like many people I know have extremely fluctuating moods. I believe we were shown that Haley fit into the latter category.

As for her line about "forgiving" Brooke, that was stupid but...maybe it's only me, but finding out that my husband slept with my maid of honour regardless of what kinds of sluts they were in their past, would weird me out. It came out of nowhere.

The "swiss.cheese" I thought it was cute too. It was supposed to be a funny episode and it made me crack up for sure. Nathan's confusion was so adorable.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:30:35 PM by GA »

Offline annie_love

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »
I just don't understand why people keep comparing the girls... why? They are all different people with all different personalities and handle everything... again.. DIFFERENTLY.

Haley is my favorite character and I obviously don't like it when other people think she overreacts about everything. Not cool.

She was hormonal... give the girl a break.

And look at it this way...(nothing to do with past mistakes and stuff) but how would you feel if your boyfriend or husband slept with your best friend before you dated. I mean finding out on a sextape in front a lot of people, wouldn't you be hurt? I know I would be hurt definitely. Just the thought would be disgusting. I would be hurt, I can't just put it away like oh.."they just had sex, I'll get over it." wow. yeah.

Just the shock. I think it was reasonable that she overreacted. She got over it didn't she? She doesn't drag it on and remind him.. She forgave Nathan. :)

skipping beats and blushing cheeks

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
IDK guys...I was laughin. I mean, why try to make something so ~srs bzns~ when it was clearly supposed to be funny? the fabio line is probably one of my most favorite Haley lines ever. it wasn't supposed to be all drama-lama like all the BP stuff in this episode was.

Obviously no-one would normally be THAT up and down, and pissed about it, but my god it's a tv show which clearly knows nothing about pregnancy or pregnant women if their pregnancy SL's are any indication, and this was their lame attempt at writing hormonal-pregnant-girl. I was laughing at both the attempt, and because it was funny.

Offline GA

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
IDK guys...I was laughin. I mean, why try to make something so ~srs bzns~ when it was clearly supposed to be funny? the fabio line is probably one of my most favorite Haley lines ever. it wasn't supposed to be all drama-lama like all the BP stuff in this episode was.

Obviously no-one would normally be THAT up and down, and pissed about it, but my god it's a tv show which clearly knows nothing about pregnancy or pregnant women if their pregnancy SL's are any indication, and this was their lame attempt at writing hormonal-pregnant-girl. I was laughing at both the attempt, and because it was funny.

IKR? The Fabio line? Hilarious. Nathan's face? Priceless.

Yes Haley over-reacted/made Nathan grovel at her feet/was interfering in other people's ~business~/~was making it allllll about hurrrrr. I'm sure there are more things you can add. Feel free to the make the list more comprehensive and complete.

It was not supposed to be taken seriously. I think they wanted us to laugh at her over-the-top expressions and reactions. I know I did.

Obviously no-one would normally be THAT up and down

I know the writer's didn't handle the pregnancy well but I actually have seen people go from ups to downs like that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:26:45 PM by GA »

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »
It annoyed me.
You can't suddenly blame it on pregnancy hormones when she has been fine all the way through the pregnancy.
She didn't know Brooke or Nathan then. Its not like they actually dated and lied about it. They had a one night stand. Its who they both were back then, they aren't the same people.
I don't know why she had to forgive Brooke. I was like :S. So she's saying Brooke should have said i am sorry that when i was wasted and had sex with Nathan i didn't see into the future that you and NAthan would get married and that we would become best friends so this would upset you. Lol.
I guess its just how the viewer interprets it though.

VioletBlue31

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:35 AM »
It annoyed me.
You can't suddenly blame it on pregnancy hormones when she has been fine all the way through the pregnancy.

I am 6 months pregnant and I've been extremely rational until now! But that's over now! Now my hudband looks at me from time to time like I am from another planet but I am happy he keeps his mouth shut!

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 03:46:45 PM »
It annoyed me.
She didn't know Brooke or Nathan then. Its not like they actually dated and lied about it. They had a one night stand. Its who they both were back then, they aren't the same people.
I don't know why she had to forgive Brooke. I was like :S. So she's saying Brooke should have said i am sorry that when i was wasted and had sex with Nathan i didn't see into the future that you and NAthan would get married and that we would become best friends so this would upset you. Lol.
I guess its just how the viewer interprets it though.

I couldn't agree more. Nice post!