Author Topic: Brooke and Haleys relationship  (Read 14125 times)

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
Re: Brooke and Haleys relationship
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
brooke was understandably upset when  haley hated a dress that she spent days making for her but  even with all the stuff going on with her, brooke still managed to make a new dress for haley and plan the rehearsal

I don't really want to fight about this but Haley was upset with the dress because Brooke deliberately made something Haley asked her not to do. I can understand why Brooke was upset because she put a lot of effort into it and she was excited about the idea of making Haley's dress but at the same time she did something she liked instead of something Haley, the bride, liked.  But that's past and they're both clearly over it now so...

I think the LH friendship was pretty even. Sure Lucas talked a lot about himself and his problems but he asked Haley how she was doing most of the times and to me those are the little things that make a difference in how even/uneven a friendship is.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:02:57 PM by HaleyScott23 »

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »

I think the LH friendship was pretty even. Sure Lucas talked a lot about himself and his problems but he asked Haley how she was doing most of the times and to me those are the little things that make a difference in how even/uneven a friendship is.

I agree LH were pretty stable. But even that friendship wasn't exactly 50/50. And if you want to compare it to the Brooke-Haley friendship....Brooke has asked Haley how she was doing, aswell, on multiple ocassions. Haley is just someone who especially needs Nathan imo. She doesn't open up to soon to anyone. She considers Brooke her best friend atm ( that said, she will always have a special connection to Lucas ) but she prefers talking with Nathan if she has problems...but that's just me :) I get how you think too.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 06:54:33 PM »
Oh I'm not comparing LH to BH because they're incomparable, imo :) I was just giving an example of what to me is an even friendship on the show.

I respectfully disagree about the rest. Lucas will always be Haley's best friend.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »
I think that Brooke kinda overreacted in this whole wedding-dress situation.Sure, it kinda sucks when you put so much effort into making a wedding dress and the person who is supposed to wear it doesn't like it at all,but well...Brooke really exaggerated with her reaction. When I saw it I was like?Huh?Calm down girly.

About the equality in their friendship: In my POV it doesn't matter if Haley was there for Brooke 1000 times and Brooke for Haley only 999.You ask for help when you need it. There are persons who deal with their problems on their own and look for help when they need it. And both Haley and Brooke dealed with certain problems on their own.Sometimes life comes in the way and you need to focus on yourself.That is something both Haley and Brooke had to go through.

To say one person was there for the other more often and is a better friend because of that is redicilous.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:28:30 PM by German_Girl »

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »
How did this become about LH, BH a d LH have very different bonds, LH are more like siblings IMO, they've had a strLNG bond since childhood and they're the type of friends who can go a long time without seeing each other and still be best friends. With BH they're more circumstantial. They're the only ones left so of course they're gonna be close, and if you think about it even in the earlier seasons they only got close because of being roommates, and then whenever BP were fighting Brooke would run to Haley.

I think the biggest difference between the two for me as a Haley fan is that when Haley is going through something bad, she goes to Lucas. She doesn't hesitate to open up to him, there are many examples of this from S1, S2 finale, S3, S5 with Nathans injury, even in S8 she chose to write him letters to express her feelings about her depression instead of going to someone else in person. Ultimately I would say that yes she and Brooke are friends right now, but Nathan and Lucas are her closest friends.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
^I agree.You can't compare the friendship Haley has/had with Lucas with the one Haley has with Brooke and the same goes for Brooke/Peyton.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 01:23:37 AM »
Brooke and Haley didn't really have a strong friendship season 1 in fact I would just call them acquaintances...they didn't really hang out together unless someone else was there with them that they both associated with like Peyton or Lucas...but their friendship progressed especially in Season 3!!!

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Luis_Davis_Scott

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
How did this become about LH, BH a d LH have very different bonds, LH are more like siblings IMO, they've had a strLNG bond since childhood and they're the type of friends who can go a long time without seeing each other and still be best friends. With BH they're more circumstantial. They're the only ones left so of course they're gonna be close, and if you think about it even in the earlier seasons they only got close because of being roommates, and then whenever BP were fighting Brooke would run to Haley.

I think the biggest difference between the two for me as a Haley fan is that when Haley is going through something bad, she goes to Lucas. She doesn't hesitate to open up to him, there are many examples of this from S1, S2 finale, S3, S5 with Nathans injury, even in S8 she chose to write him letters to express her feelings about her depression instead of going to someone else in person. Ultimately I would say that yes she and Brooke are friends right now, but Nathan and Lucas are her closest friends.

I really haven't realized that yeat, thanks for doing it for me.

And I started thinking about it... It's true!!!

When happend those storlyine about Haley's mom death, she hadn't Lucas her side, so she tried to confront that by herself, she didn't even look for Brooke... And she got depressed!

Haley only looked for Brooke when she had problemas with Nathan/Renée but It had been a little unusual, She didn't even try to tell Brooke what problems she was going through, Brooke realized that when she looked Haley's face in 7x03 and she saw her crying face... But It wasn't Haley's intentions.

Normally Brooke looks for Haleys, sad, but it's true... (Rivercourt problem, for example, or when she thought she was pregnant or Alex's problems)

<3

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 05:13:01 AM »
Just because Haley is someone who is more private when it comes to her problems and thereby asks for less help, doesn't mean Brooke-Haley ain't best friends. Were they best friends in the first couple of seasons? No. But after that? Hell, yes. Haley grew up with Lucas and thereby Lucas knows her like noone else. And I won't denie they are best friends aswell. But IMO you can have multiple best friends. But those friendships don't always have to be the same. Brooke is in fact there for Haley when she needs it. Just because Haley doesn't run off to Brooke every time, doesn't make their friendship less important. It's just an entire other friendship than Peyton-Brooke and Lucas-Haley shared. And friendship is not a competition imo...it's not like if Haley helps Brooke once, she won't help her again unless Brooke helps here first again. But implying Brooke is less than a friend than Haley? That's not fair. Brooke is always there for Haley. Haley just has to ask, but she rather talk to Nathan or Lucas instead and considers Brooke as a best friend aswell...just another friendship. Thats me imo.

Offline TutorBaby

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »
Well, In Season 1 I don't think Brooke and Haley were friends really. I mean, they hung around the same people but didn't cross paths much. I think more in Season 3 we see Baley's friendship more and it continues to grow stronger seasons after that. Especially in Season 8. I hope we get more Baley in S9.

Offline Lulu-144

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
In season 1 Brooke and Hailey are a bit mean to each other.
n a t h a n + h a l e y

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
As most of you have written Haley and Brooke were not friends in SEASON 1, then things changed :)

Offline KIM DE JONG

• Icon made by tisdalesmiles, the sig by docent12!<3
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »
I kind of like the way things turned out with their friendship. They had their differences in the past but when they got to know each other, Brooke really came to love Haley and Haley really came to love Brooke. Even though they don't have similar personalities. I agree Brooke lets her heart out more with friends than Haley does. But I guess everyone has his or her own way of dealing with things. It reminds me that I must not judge a book by its cover, you never know what story is behind it.
You're a warrior, and you're stronger than anything

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »
^I agree with you actually, (I'm in love with your sig BTW :) )

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
I kind of like the way things turned out with their friendship. They had their differences in the past but when they got to know each other, Brooke really came to love Haley and Haley really came to love Brooke. Even though they don't have similar personalities. I agree Brooke lets her heart out more with friends than Haley does. But I guess everyone has his or her own way of dealing with things. It reminds me that I must not judge a book by its cover, you never know what story is behind it.

Agreed :)