Author Topic: Brooke and Haleys relationship  (Read 13929 times)

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • My tumblr
Re: Brooke and Haleys relationship
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »
I don't think anyone here said that BH weren't friends at all, they just weren't friends in season 1, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

koko

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
I don't think BH were friends at all in season 1, their friendship was truly established in season 3. They both such completely different characters back then.

Tori

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »
BH weren't friends in Season 1, and like I've said in the BH thread, that is what made sense at the time. It would just be unrealistic that BH would click automatically given how different their characters were.

In Season 2, they weren't so much good friends but they hung out in the same crowd with P, L and N.

And in Season 3 the friendship developed and obviously they became very close, I would consider Brooke to be Haley's closest girlfriend now, especially after Brooke was chosen as her maid of honor AND Jamie's godmother, two roles you don't give to just any old friend.

:) Bottom line, I've always loved the BH relationship and am sooooo excited for S7 and them.

Offline tree_hill_lover

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »
BH weren't friends in Season 1, and like I've said in the BH thread, that is what made sense at the time. It would just be unrealistic that BH would click automatically given how different their characters were.

In Season 2, they weren't so much good friends but they hung out in the same crowd with P, L and N.

And in Season 3 the friendship developed and obviously they became very close, I would consider Brooke to be Haley's closest girlfriend now, especially after Brooke was chosen as her maid of honor AND Jamie's godmother, two roles you don't give to just any old friend.

:) Bottom line, I've always loved the BH relationship and am sooooo excited for S7 and them.

Agreed with EVERYTHING you said.  Thats what I was thinking.

Yeah I em really excited for more BH<3
CYRUS

Offline Aida.

• " People always leave. "
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »
I love how Brooke called Haley always Tutor Girl... and I dislike the fact that they weren`t friends then, but I like how good friends are they now :X

" If I tell you I Love You, can I keep you forever? "

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
I adore the friendship between them more than the one between Brooke and Peyton.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »
I've enjoyed their connection in every season to be honest. It wasn't the typical friendship in which 2 girls meet in the pilot of the few episodes after and are directly best friends. If you want to have a proper friendship in real life, you need to put effort in it. And that's how I've always seen their friendship. It was kind of unique, but it felt real aswell. I think in S1 the writers mainly focussed on Lucas-Haley and Brooke-Peyton. Brooke had Peyton and Haley had Lucas and thereby I liked the friendship between Peyton and Haley aswell and I am glad they remained steady friends althought I prefer Haley-Brooke any given time. Ah...all the girls friendships were great imo.

Many people argue B/P ruined their friendship because Peyton cheated with Lucas multiple times. But the fact they remained friends in S5+S6 proved their friendship is SUPER strong. That even 2 cheat-actions couldn't destroy their friendship. There are 2 ways to look at it. But that's not the topic about this thread, sorry!

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:59 PM »
When I started to watch One Tree Hill I honestly never thought that Brooke and Haley would be friends.Brooke was too shallow in my POV and Haley too judgemental.

They came from two different worlds and yet they developed such a strong friendship and ya know what?I never expected that.

YAY for Baley!:)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 03:49:01 PM »
Whatever most of you can think about BH friendship, Haley considers Brooke as a good friend I don't know If she is her BEST friend, but If you choose one of your friends to be your baby's godmother then you love and consider that person as the RIGHT one for being there in any case the parents can't.

Brooke lied to Haley in season 4, RIGHT, I don't think someone could discuss about that, but I think HB is a stronger friendship than HP actually...facts show that.

Offline l.noir

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
I love the BH friendship, I really liked it in season 8. When Brooke asked Haley to be her maid of honor, the little speech she gave kind of made it seem like she would have asked Haley anyway, even if Peyton was coming, and all of the things that she said were true (Haley being there for her over the past year). However if she wanted Haley all along I feel like she would have asked her earlier, and not the day before the wedding. It just makes me wonder if they were able to get Hiliarie back for that episode, would they have made her Brooke's maid of honor? Or would Haley still have done it?

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
I love the BH friendship, I really liked it in season 8. When Brooke asked Haley to be her maid of honor, the little speech she gave kind of made it seem like she would have asked Haley anyway, even if Peyton was coming, and all of the things that she said were true (Haley being there for her over the past year). However if she wanted Haley all along I feel like she would have asked her earlier, and not the day before the wedding. It just makes me wonder if they were able to get Hiliarie back for that episode, would they have made her Brooke's maid of honor? Or would Haley still have done it?
I totally love Baley but I wonder the same thing. IMO, even if Hilarie was back, Haley should've been Brooke's maid of honor. She deserved it and she did a lot of things for Brooke
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »
People love to brush the S4 test thing under the rug like it wasn't a big deal but I think that's only because Haley is such a forgiving person and didn't MAKE it a big deal. With BP, both of them are soooo dramatic that every little thing they did to each other became a war and they would have these huge fights about it, but that's not how Haley is. Even though it was a really bad thing for her, she lost her job which she loved and money she and Nathan REALLY needed with the baby coming, she was selfless and didn't make Brooke feel bad about it. Compare that to how Brooke reacted when Haley dared to not like her designs...it's just recently become clear that it's not really a equal relationship.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
People love to brush the S4 test thing under the rug like it wasn't a big deal but I think that's only because Haley is such a forgiving person and didn't MAKE it a big deal. With BP, both of them are soooo dramatic that every little thing they did to each other became a war and they would have these huge fights about it, but that's not how Haley is. Even though it was a really bad thing for her, she lost her job which she loved and money she and Nathan REALLY needed with the baby coming, she was selfless and didn't make Brooke feel bad about it. Compare that to how Brooke reacted when Haley dared to not like her designs...it's just recently become clear that it's not really a equal relationship.

I agree. I don't hate BH and I didn't mind them too much in S1-S3 but after that the friendship has been so unbalanced that I, as a Haley fan first than a Brooke fan, can't really appreciate it in its entirety because, well, it is mostly about Brooke. Of course it's also about Haley at times but those are a lot more infrequent then when it's all about Brooke.

Offline olimix57

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 05:27:09 PM »
 brooke was understandably upset when  haley hated a dress that she spent days making for her but  even with all the stuff going on with her, brooke still managed to make a new dress for haley and plan the rehearsal

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
To me, the friendship has been kind of equal. We just didn't see everything. Just like so many things on OTH, things were implied of happening off-screen. Tons of fans argued, for example, that Haley still talked to Lucas frequiently just because she wrote him letters. We never saw him answering but yet people choose to believe he answered off-screen. So imo...if we should talk about anything we should talk about the writers, who want us to believe A LOT happened off-screen. That's the problem if there even is a problem. To me....friendship isn't a competition. Maybe it wasn't 50/50 but which friendship is?