Author Topic: Why was Chad's season6 epi so poorly received?...  (Read 18547 times)

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
Re: Why was Chad's season6 epi so poorly received?...
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I didn't think it was too bad. It definitely wasn't one of my favorites, but it wasn't terrible. There were some really cheesy lines and scenes, but wasn't it supposed to be in a way? I loved the Naley storyline and Mouth. Everything else was just okay.
Paley--they're a team!

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
"He's not a newcomer to writing, though we wouldn't normally associate him with it. Murray wrote an alternate-reality episode of "One Tree Hill" in Season 6. The episode, which reimagined Tree Hill in the 1940s, was written on spec. "It wasn't like, 'Hey, Chad, you can write an episode.' I knew I was never going to get the chance to write an episode, so I went home, knowing it would probably never see the light of day, and I just wrote it. I handed it in [to executive producer Mark Schwahn] and said, 'Mark, buddy, can we do something with this?' And he put his little Mark spin on it," Murray tells us, admitting that the episode that aired underwent some significant changes from his original draft. "Mine was a little darker. I don't think it'd be good for TV."

I think we put too much of the blame on the cheesy parts on CMM! I knew it felt like a Mark thing to do! of course that's just me speculating :P
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline justafan

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
I thought it was brilliant :) Chad only wrote what the six seasons had given us.  He just summed One Tree Hill Seasons 1-5 into a 40s episode.  So if you wanna blame someone...blame Mark & Co

Offline onlyoth23

• Believing you'll do well is half the battle...
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2013, 02:40:43 AM »
I loved season 6, i was obsessed with it actually. i remember i got the dvd set the day it was released. i agree that the quality of the show was not as good but i mean it's One Tree Hill, whats not to love?

onlyoth<3

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2013, 07:14:35 AM »
It was a pretty boring episode that made no sense. Other than that, I really think only Joy and Paul fit the whole 1940s dynamic Chad was trying to achieve.

It was still more interesting to watch than most part of season 8 and to me that says a lot about that season. LOL.

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
It was a pretty boring episode that made no sense. Other than that, I really think only Joy and Paul fit the whole 1940s dynamic Chad was trying to achieve.

It was still more interesting to watch than most part of season 8 and to me that says a lot about that season. LOL.

LOL i so agree!
~JeniLee~

Offline onlyoth23

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »
Oh i agree that chads episode was boring. to be honest i always skip the episode when im re watching season 6 lol. but as a whole season, i love it. i love joy and sophias acting! its top notch in my opinion
onlyoth<3

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
Oh i agree that chads episode was boring. to be honest i always skip the episode when im re watching season 6 lol. but as a whole season, i love it. i love joy and sophias acting! its top notch in my opinion

I would also add Paul.

Offline onlyoth23

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
Yeah true! love him! <3
onlyoth<3

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:59 PM »
Because it sucked......

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
I didn't think this episode was too bad.  I LOVE the '40s era so for that reason alone, I really enjoyed it.  The clothes, the music (especially Joy), the setting - gosh, I loved it!

Now storyline wise, I pretty much liked everything except the Lucas/Peyton/Brooke stuff.  I didn't feel that truly chemistry from any of them that truly represented the '40s.  That's just me, though.  Honestly, I found Joy to be so captivating - she was the only one who I thought truly captured that whole '40s essence.

As far as the episode being cheesy and feeling randon - wasn't it kind of supposed to be?  I don't know how you can do an episode centering around a different time period like that and have it fit into the present day storylines.  Besides, it was just a dream inside Lucas's head.  That's why it didn't bother me as much.  Was Chad's writing brilliant - no, I didn't think so but I also don't find Mark or the other OTH writers to be brilliant either.  Again, that's just me, though.  And really, season 6 was overall a boring and over-the-top with cliched cheesiness season (IMO) so at least there was something different and fun to watch.