Author Topic: you look ridiculous.  (Read 9667 times)

Offline Bec09

Re: you look ridiculous.
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
I think he felt that he was losing his best friend to Nathan and the whole world that came along with being Nathan Scott's girlfriend. I'm not excusing what Lucas said or his behaviour. But it was probably mind boggling for him to see Haley in a cheerleading uniform. Lucas was becoming a jock and I think seeing Haley in the uniform made him realise how much had changed and a part of him just wanted to go back to how it used to be and that is him and Haley against the world. I don't know. I may be over analysing lol. Just a thought.

This. Completely agree!
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline annie_love

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
that was one of my favorite episodes for LH because it showed how much they missed each other. he definitely wanted his best friend haley back :)

skipping beats and blushing cheeks

iheart-oth

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 01:57:14 AM »
I think he felt that he was losing his best friend to Nathan and the whole world that came along with being Nathan Scott's girlfriend. I'm not excusing what Lucas said or his behaviour. But it was probably mind boggling for him to see Haley in a cheerleading uniform. Lucas was becoming a jock and I think seeing Haley in the uniform made him realise how much had changed and a part of him just wanted to go back to how it used to be and that is him and Haley against the world. I don't know. I may be over analysing lol. Just a thought.

Your not over analyzing, i thought the same thing. I think that after everything that happened with Peyton/Brooke, he kinda wished he could go back to it just being the two of them where everything seemed less complicated

Offline ashleym

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 01:21:59 AM »
I would have loved to see Lucas come out in his Ravens bball uniform all pumped for his first game and Haley telling him HE looks ridiculous!

iheart-oth

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 04:21:43 AM »
I would have loved to see Lucas come out in his Ravens bball uniform all pumped for his first game and Haley telling him HE looks ridiculous!

I'm guessing this is sarcasm. I don't see how lucas saying that haley looks ridiculous in the cheerleading outfit would be the equivalent of haley saying lucas looks ridiculous in a ravens uniform.It's not like haley was gunning to become a cheerleader from the beginning. If Haley  would of said that to lucas he would of been hurt because lucas was trying to prove something to himself and everybody else that he was good enough and by her saying that he would of taken it as he didn't belong there and shouldn't be there. Haley may have seemed a little excited to do something different while doing the favor for brooke but she didn't have to prove anytihing to anybody like lucas did.

I wasn't trying to excuse lucas' behavior, i was just stating why i thought lucas said that. I agree that it was rude and he shouldn't of said it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:31:38 AM by iheart-oth »

Kendal

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
I watched that episode last night :D!
He was so out of line. His facial expression really annoyed me.

Offline Lulu-144

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 04:02:04 AM »
Because haley was his nerdy friend not the cheerleader type, he wasn't used to seeing her like that, lol.

Yep...
n a t h a n + h a l e y

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »
I hated when Lucas said thus to Haley. The look on her face afterwards was so heartbreaking. Lucas was definitely out of line when he said this, and I LOVE LOVE LOVED his conversation with Nathan about it later. I get that he was upset that she was "ditching" him for Nathan throughput the episode, but what he said was uncalled for. Now given my love (slight obsession) of the Laley friendship, I don't necessarily think he meant it to come out the way he did. It was one of those moments when he should have used his brain a little bit.

I see what you're saying for sure. i always felt bad for Lucas in this episode. I have had that happen to me more times than I can count when a friend gets a boyfriend/girlfriend and then they are off doing things with their significant other instead of me. It's annoying and for Lucas, it wasn't just someone else it was someone he hated. I totally understood where Lucas was coming from.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
Re: you look ridiculous
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
I agree that he was very harsh...but I think he just really missed his best friend. Imagine someone you're super close to spending most of their time with someone you absolutely can't stand.

Offline gellerbing

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
he was just trying to wind her up i think like all best friends do to each other, nothing meant in it all
it actually made me giggle  :laugh:

Offline Mahoney13

• Always be true to yourself <3
Re: you look ridiculous
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
I agree that he was very harsh...but I think he just really missed his best friend. Imagine someone you're super close to spending most of their time with someone you absolutely can't stand.

^^

I agree with this : )

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »
I can see both sides I guess...

Lucas was hurt Haley was ditching him for Nathan (which was not his favortie person at the time)...
and Haley felt like Lucas was being double standard with her...she felt that she couldn't do things like being a cheerleader even though Lucas dated two cheerleaders...

So I guess to me they both should have looked at their friendship and decide what was more important!!!

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2013, 10:46:05 AM »
I think 117 is an episode where both Lucas and Haley acted like jerks.  It was really crappy of Haley to ride with Nathan after she and Lucas made plans to sit with one another and spend the weekend together.  I felt so bad for Lucas during that scene.  He was more than justified to feel hurt and angry.  And I think it was really crappy of Lucas to say what he did at the pool.  The problem Lucas had was that he never really supported Naley until after this episode which I understand.  I just didn't like him telling her she looked ridiculous.  I don't think he meant it in a mean way - it was just something he should have thought about before saying.  And like Lucas said to Nathan - he thought Haley was changing.  But I loved and agreed
with what Nathan said in response.  It's ironic because, IMO, it was Lucas who was/had been changing - not Haley.

But because Laley kicks ass and is the best OTH friendship ever, they were able to actually talk honestly with one another and not create any further petty drama.  So I forgave both of them for their crappy moments in this episode.