Author Topic: you look ridiculous.  (Read 9670 times)

Offline tennesseeone

Re: you look ridiculous.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 01:16:21 AM »
ok...i just don't see how he was hurting, and if he was it was very hypocritical cause he hurt alot of other people more than he hurt himself.

and no way was haley's attitude "you brought this on yourself, now deal with it on your own", that's MY thougts on the subject. Haley has always been supportive of lucas and on his side.

and just because lucas was there for haley doesn't mean she 'owes' him...haley has ALWAYS been there for lucas and helped him out, so i don't see her spending a few hours with her boyfriend as betraying her friendship with him, especially since lucas told her ,BOTH TIMES, to go be with nathan. she said  "are you sure?" and "no lucas, I do want to hang out with you" and he said "no, go be with your boyfriend",so what was she supposed to do?

anyways...this thread is about lucas making a rude comment to haley, and not about anything that haley may or may not have done wrong.
is this thread about anything that lucas may have done wrong then? lol. jk

well i would be hurting if i just screwed up like that w/2 girls. yes, that was largly on him, but he still has feelings too. and he couldnt really play basketball and overall it just seemed like he coulda used a best friend. and lol being 'hypocritical,' yes he did hurt other people. that doesnt mean "oh, he doesnt deserve a friend" -that only makes it worse. haha.

yes, haley has always been supportive of lucas. but..she ditched him lol twice.

no, she doesnt 'owe' him. i agree. best friends dont 'owe' eachother. they just know theres a time to make out with your boyfriend and 'ride with him in style' and theres a time to be with your best friend.

you're right, spending a few hours w/nathan wasnt betraying her friendship w/lucas. it sure didnt help it either.. a few hours that coulda been more well-spent with luke. there is a time for everything, and also a little poor judgement on haleys part. :)

and lucas could tell that she would rather be with nathan than with him, BOTH times, thats why he didnt try to force it. i mean, have you ever felt like your friend was just hanging out with you cuz they felt obliged, and not cuz they were really being your friend...im sure lucas didnt want that feeling. lol anyways...i thought i already typed this before, but.. yeah.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:18:16 AM by tennesseeone »

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
yea well I just have NO sympathy for lucas at all. obviously you like lucas, so we'll never agree on this lol.

and yea...it is about things lucas has done wrong because the OP is about him being rude to haley...which is something he did wrong...lol

Offline morgies1

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 01:45:06 AM »
That episode bothered me because I felt bad for Lucas the whole time.

When he said that about Haley I figured she just took it wrong because Lucas was just messing around. He wasn't used to her.

But Haley kept choosing Nathan over Lucas that whole episode. That's so annoying. First on the bus then making out when she should be going to meet Lucas. --- Nathan was so annoying that episode too. One of my least favorite Nathan episodes.

I think that was the point. It caused some debate over that Naley relationship..and showed potential problems for Haley and Lucas. It also just showed the fact that even though he was a good guy to Haley..he wasn't so considerate of everyone else. And i think it was also to show that maybe Haley was starting to change? Leaving Lucas in second place...putting Nathan first? That kind of thing.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »
See. I get that, but Nathan didn't really seem to act just like the "good guy" to Haley in this episode. At the end he stuck up for her, but in the beginning I feel like he was trying to bother Lucas by taking his best friend away the whole time. Showing that he's better.

This episode really bothered me. I'm never a Lucas fan, I've made that clear in the past, but I felt for him in this episode because I thought Nathan was being a jerk.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 12:43:36 PM »
i don't think nathan wanting to spend time wit his girlfriend had anything to do with lucas. they were way past all that by now. nathan wasn't friends with lucas, which is why he didn't really care about his feelings, but i really don't think he was like using haley to get to lucas. they had already solved that issue lol, and haley almost broke up with him over it, so i don't think he would do it again.

and after lucas apologized, I loved that he and haley had that conversation about her having to juggle the two of them(nathan and lucas). i think that's what the episode was about, haley being caught in the middle between the two of them. and then haley and lucas DID hang out at the end of the episode, and 1x18 haley/lucas were together the whole time just the two of them, so yea it was just a little tiff they had. It happens in every friendsip.

Offline tennesseeone

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 03:02:59 PM »
yea well I just have NO sympathy for lucas at all. obviously you like lucas, so we'll never agree on this lol.

and yea...it is about things lucas has done wrong because the OP is about him being rude to haley...which is something he did wrong...lol
lol, when i said "is this a thread about what lucas may have done wrong" -as in, i was bein sarcastic cuz you kept bringing up him screwing up with brooke/peyton. thats all. i didnt mean what you thought i meant, but.. yeah.

well yeah, and obviously haley was lacking in sympathy for him too. lol, but theyre best friends. even though people dont like him, i think they can still see that he wasnt doing all that good. i didnt really have that much sympathy for haley earlier on when she lied to lucas about tutoring nathan, and didnt listen to him, but he was still there for her at the cafe when she was crying.

in the friendship between haley and lucas, i'd give haley a slight thumbs down on this epi. :(

Offline fmm412

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »
i don't think nathan wanting to spend time wit his girlfriend had anything to do with lucas. they were way past all that by now. nathan wasn't friends with lucas, which is why he didn't really care about his feelings, but i really don't think he was like using haley to get to lucas. they had already solved that issue lol, and haley almost broke up with him over it, so i don't think he would do it again.

and after lucas apologized, I loved that he and haley had that conversation about her having to juggle the two of them(nathan and lucas). i think that's what the episode was about, haley being caught in the middle between the two of them. and then haley and lucas DID hang out at the end of the episode, and 1x18 haley/lucas were together the whole time just the two of them, so yea it was just a little tiff they had. It happens in every friendsip.
sure, that died down a bit, but nathan knew that lucas would rather KEEP his plans w/his best friend and thats why nathan didnt do much about haley chosing him over lucas.

and yes, nathan spending a "few hours with his girlfriend" when she was already supposed to be w/luke. conflict on interest. and nathan didnt seem to care. (of COURSE he didnt care). and yeah, she did buy him in the bt auction, youre right...im just glad she fixed her mistakes she was makin in this episode tho.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:20:11 PM by fmm412 »

koko

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
Lucas was being a jerk. Hypocrite much?

Offline Bec09

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 06:06:17 PM »
I don't Lucas was being a jerk. I think he was already having a hard time dealing with the fact that Haley kept blowing him off for Nathan and he wasn't used to seeing Haley as a cheerleader. And I can see why- I prefer Haley to be different than all of the other girls- even if that is kind of nerdy.

So I totally get where Lucas is coming from.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »
That was sad.  He was so serious about it, even if he had said it more joking it would have taken on a whole different tone.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
yea that's why I was like "what a jerk!" despite how haley had been treating him or whatever, he had no right to say she looked "ridiculous". the girl was clearly excited and having fun, and he basically told her she looked bad. no girl would take that well, lol...

Offline tennesseeone

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »
yeah lol. no girl does. :)

Offline Jamie

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »
OMG that line annoyed me so much! I would've punched him.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
I understand why he said it.
He thought Haley was different and above rising to the whole cheerleader conformity thing. He thought she was better than that. Well thats how i took it.
But i suppose he didn't have to say it so bluntly lol.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 06:46:49 PM »
well she wasn't actually becoming a cheerleader...(yet anyways lol...)she was just filling in once. and he obviously saw nothing wrong with cheerleaders...he dated two. she asked him how she looked, and he said you look ridiculous... :( i'd be sad.