Author Topic: you look ridiculous.  (Read 9666 times)

Offline tennesseeone

you look ridiculous.
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »
why did lucas say that to haley in 1x17? it was when he first saw her in the cheerleading outfit. was he already going thru a not-so-good time, or something?... i thought she looked goot in it lol. haley was like, "excuse me i guess im not aloud to have any fun" and lucas goes, "thats not it" -then what was it?  :)

Offline Yourartmatters

• Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Fan Forum
Re: you look ridiculous.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
Because haley was his nerdy friend not the cheerleader type, he wasn't used to seeing her like that, lol.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
lucas is an ass lol. he says things without thinking about how they affect other people, and this is just an example of that.

Offline oth-sam09

• Posting 24/7
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »
i really hated when he said that.
he was being a hypocrite.

Offline mhmitsAGGI

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • sig:tabby
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »
^ICA! I was really anoyed when he said that ::)
I'm glad he got over it eventually.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »
That episode bothered me because I felt bad for Lucas the whole time.

When he said that about Haley I figured she just took it wrong because Lucas was just messing around. He wasn't used to her.

But Haley kept choosing Nathan over Lucas that whole episode. That's so annoying. First on the bus then making out when she should be going to meet Lucas. --- Nathan was so annoying that episode too. One of my least favorite Nathan episodes.

Offline leytonandnaley

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • BA+DE+DB+RJ ♥
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
That was just annoying of Lucas...like so unnecessary.

To be loved is to love

Offline tennesseeone

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
That episode bothered me because I felt bad for Lucas the whole time.

When he said that about Haley I figured she just took it wrong because Lucas was just messing around. He wasn't used to her.

But Haley kept choosing Nathan over Lucas that whole episode. That's so annoying. First on the bus then making out when she should be going to meet Lucas. --- Nathan was so annoying that episode too. One of my least favorite Nathan episodes.

i felt bad for him too! not only those 2, but he was also goin up to her after she had her cheer thing to give her a hug, congrat her, ect.. then she just ran passed him and onto nathan. you see girls can be jerks too. if i were luke, i'd be like.. "if you had to chose between me and nathan, who would it be" it sounds harsh, but.. yeah.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
how could you take "you look ridiculous" the wrong way? lol i don't know when it is ever ok for a guy to tell a girl she looks ridiculous, especially if he's your best friend.

and why does haley have to constantly be at lucas' side 24/7? Lucas went out with brooke/peyton all the time and never asked haley's permission, so why should haley have to not be with nathan just cause lucas is around?

if lucas made haley choose betweenm him and nathan...that would be completely childish and selfish of him. he, as her best friend, should ave seen that she was happy with nathan and try to be ok with it, just like she agreed to try with both brroke and peyton.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »
Not 24/7, but they had plans and Nathan stepped in on them. That's what bothered me. And Nathan didn't even care.

I dont' think that she should have to choose, but I do think she should be understanding of Lucas. He had just gone through a break up, couldn't play basketball and asked his friend to join him. I think that's when you need friends most. He was there for her when she was crying over Nathan at Karen's Cafe. It's the same thing.

Offline tennesseeone

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »
how could you take "you look ridiculous" the wrong way? lol i don't know when it is ever ok for a guy to tell a girl she looks ridiculous, especially if he's your best friend.

and why does haley have to constantly be at lucas' side 24/7? Lucas went out with brooke/peyton all the time and never asked haley's permission, so why should haley have to not be with nathan just cause lucas is around?

if lucas made haley choose betweenm him and nathan...that would be completely childish and selfish of him. he, as her best friend, should ave seen that she was happy with nathan and try to be ok with it, just like she agreed to try with both brroke and peyton.

lol.. not 24/7. but she did kind of skip out on him TWICE (go with nathan after she already told luke shed sit w/him on the bus, and she blew off plans w/him to make out w/nathan) also, i think she might've done it on purpose, but she ran RIGHT passed him after the cheer thing was over and went straight to nathan. she knows how he feels about him and if i were luke that would really bother me.

yeah, lucas went out w/peyton and brooke. thats a liitttlleee bit different IMO. first, haley isnt arch enemies with either of them, and its not like he blew her off to be with them either. he even left the party that one time to go confort haley at the cafe. :) haley with nathan is completely different than lucas with peyton or lucas with brooke. IMHO   

I know, not actually chose like, "ok, break up w/nathan, or we never talk again" nooo lol more on the lines of who shes closer to. you know?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:46:28 AM by tennesseeone »

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 12:46:13 AM »
none of that gives lucas a right to be an ass to her, and when he was ass she called him on it and i don't think that's wrong of her. lol even NATHAN knew it was a assy thing to say...

it's not like she deliberately stood up lucas for nathan, she was planning on hanging out with lucas and told nathan she had to go, but lucas threw his little 'poor me' attitude and told her to go be with nathan. if he needed her so bad, he should have told her.

and honestly I have no sympathy for lucas in the 'break-up'. he caused that mess himself by once again being an ass, a cheater, and breaking up with his girlfriend, so no, it's not at all the same thing as when haley was crying in the cafe'.

and haley made it pretty obvious early S1 that she didn't like brooke or peyton very much, but lucas and haley bot agreed to give each other's significant others a chance in 1x09.

why should haley run into lucas' arms after cheering when he had really hurt her feelings about being a cheerleader, and hadn't even apologized for it yet? that'd be silly.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:51:42 AM by butterflies21 »

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 12:52:04 AM »
I surely don't feel bad about the break ups. Lucas was a jerk. I just think that Nathan was an ass in the episode and Haley was ditching Lucas more than necessary.

If Nathan was a bit nicer towards him too I wouldn't feel so bad. Lucas invited Haley and she was supposed to go with HIM.

Offline tennesseeone

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:58 AM »
none of that gives lucas a right to be an ass to her, and when he was ass she called him on it and i don't think that's wrong of her

it's not like she deliberately stood up lucas for nathan, she was planning on hanging out with lucas and told nathan she had to go, but lucas threw his little 'poor me' attitude and told her to go be with nathan. if he needed her so bad, he should have told her.

and honestly I have no sympathy for lucas in the 'break-up'. he caused that mess himself by once again being an ass, a cheater, and breaking up with his girlfriend, so no, it's not at all the same thing as when haley was crying in the cafe'.

im not saying lucas had the right to say that. lol. buttt.. yes, she did kind of do that. i mean, after he saw them making out, in his mind that was the 2nd time she was favoring nathan over him in the same day. i dont think he had a 'poor me' attitude that much, maybe a little, but its more like...if he wouldve been all "oh, haley i need you plz plz plz" she might just be like "alrite, ok ok" then give in, and so she feels obligated. right there luke probably felt like she was losing interest in him and if he somewhat forced himself on her, it would take away from it. you know?

it is the same thing when your friend needs you, lol. haley was somewhat at fault cuz she refused to listen to him about nathan being a bad guy in the first place, and she was sneaking around at first (when she didnt tell him she was tutoring nathan) and at the cafe... haley even knew, and she said, "i deserve a big 'i told you so'" but luke knew how to be a great friend. he just said "well you wont get it from me" and helped cheer her up. the same thing w/him screwing up with peyton and brooke. yeah, he did mess up big time. lol but does that make it ok for any friend to be like "ok, this ones totally your fault, sorry" -No, just like lucas wasnt all "ya know hales, i told you about nathan" -in the cafe, haley could have done a little better in being his friend that day IMO. even tho we all make mistakes and we're all human, she should have been able to sense how much her best friend was hurting. :)

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 01:02:39 AM »
ok...i just don't see how he was hurting, and if he was it was very hypocritical cause he hurt alot of other people more than he hurt himself.

and no way was haley's attitude "you brought this on yourself, now deal with it on your own", that's MY thougts on the subject. Haley has always been supportive of lucas and on his side.

and just because lucas was there for haley doesn't mean she 'owes' him...haley has ALWAYS been there for lucas and helped him out, so i don't see her spending a few hours with her boyfriend as betraying her friendship with him, especially since lucas told her ,BOTH TIMES, to go be with nathan. she said  "are you sure?" and "no lucas, I do want to hang out with you" and he said "no, go be with your boyfriend",so what was she supposed to do?

anyways...this thread is about lucas making a rude comment to haley, and not about anything that haley may or may not have done wrong.