Author Topic: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...  (Read 61742 times)

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
Re: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...
« Reply #885 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
Lindsey wasn't selfless because she left him. She didn't want to be 2nd best and someone Lucas was only with because Peyton broke his heart. She knew Lucas wasn't over Peyton and no one wants to be married to someone who's still clearly in love with their ex-girlfriend.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #886 on: February 25, 2012, 09:28:45 PM »
Ok maybe selfless wasn't the right word..but i'm sure there are a lot of b!tches that are manipulative who would have just wanted to keep him out of spite. She wasn't like that.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #887 on: June 21, 2012, 12:32:54 AM »
I didn't hate Lindsey. I hated Lucas for putting her in the middle. Lucas was at fault for the L/L/Peyton fiasco. He was the one who was running from his lingering love/feelings for Peyton and tried to force himself to marry Lindsey. And when that didn't work he chased her relentlessly, even though Lindsey, recognizing and understanding Lucas better than he knew himself, walked away. I admire her for having the courage to do that, because she could've easily married Lucas and thrown it in Peyton's face, instead she was gracious when Peyton went to her to convince her to give Lucas another chance and she was the one to tell Peyton to read the book. Lindsey was the bigger person between the foreplay of Lucas/Peyton. She didn't do anything wrong, outside of reacting to Peyton's passive aggressive crap. (Let's be honest here, neither Peyton or Lindsey were exactly paragons of maturity in the library scene). I wasn't gungho about Lindsey, and I didn't feel all that bad about Lucas/Peyton, because Lindsey knew when she edited his book that Leyton was True Love Always and chose to date Lucas, even though it was quite obvious he had feelings for Peyton and always would. It was a risk she took and didn't work out for her. That's the risk we all take in life.
Overall, I found Lindsey to be the needed angst that drove all of season 5 for Lucas/Peyton and what led to season 6. So I'm glad she was there.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline justafan

« Reply #888 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »
Lindsay really had no idea who she was really up against.  She was wedged into Tree Hill as Lucas' girlfriend and everyone is supposed to be this big happy family.  Great...but then Peyton comes back and Lucas' head is filled with all those thoughts of Peyton that he tried so hard to forget. 

Lindsay....she just tried to hard.  She tried to be the bigger one and ignore Peyton...that didn't work.  Then she had this idea to be best friends with Peyton...HA!  That'll never work.  And then she has this idea that everyone will just except her including Peyton.  Lindsay was in denial and unfortunately it took her until she had on a big white dress to figure it out. 

What made me really confused was she read Lucas' book, she knows his and Peyton's story and was pulling for them when she met Lucas.  How could she think that he had moved on when obviously he hadn't. 

I don't know who was the bigger dumbass...

Lucas for thinking he could forget about Peyton
Lindsay for thinking she could make Lucas move on from Peyton