Author Topic: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...  (Read 60069 times)

Offline Jamie

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
Re: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 12:48:03 AM »
I didn't feel bad for her at all in 606. After the way Peyton found out about the LL engagement, I could only laugh at that scene. 

Oh wow. I didn't even think to compare it to that for some reason. You're right, like COMPLETELY right. I don't feel bad at all now. That was nothing compared to how Peyton found out about LL. :/

NHLovertotheMax

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »
Peyton had every right not to like her. So what? Because Lindsey was Lucas' gf Peyton was obligated to like her? I don't think so.

Until 507, the one who chased Peyton was Lucas, not the other way around. Even then, instead of going after his girlfriend Lucas went to see Peyton.

So I don't know how people can say that Peyton was at fault. Lindsey never found out about the kiss, but she also didn't know about "He's not good enough", Lucas questioning his choises and not to mention the ring fiasco...

You're right, Peyton didn't have to like Lindsey, but she didn't have to totally bitch about the girl. She hated her for no reason, you just don't hate somebody because they're dating your ex. That's pretty childish.

l_e_x_y16

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 12:54:48 AM »
^ Lol, yea but it happens all the time, it extremely hard to like someone that your ex is dating, especially if u have never really gotten over the breakup or something.

I think it was a little over the top on peytons part, but i dont think it was unrealistic really.

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
The only reason lindsay was able to that easier than peyton was becuase she had the guy and peyton didnt.

I don't think that's the reason. Because Lindsey could easily be like bragging (is that the word?) towards Peyton, not be nice at all. BUT she knew it would mean a lot to Lucas so she decided to try. Also, she thought ex and new girlfriends could get along (see Brooke).
Peyton was the one who never thought about those things until later in the season, it's a shame really. If she realized how much being friends with Lindsey would mean to Lucas she'd never do half of the attack she did.

I didn't feel bad for her at all in 606. After the way Peyton found out about the LL engagement, I could only laugh at that scene. 

Peyton brought that on herself. It's not Lindsey's fault. It's Peyton's fault. It may sound harsh but I agreed with the way Lindsey shoved the ring on Peyton's face. She was right. Peyton was treating her like crap and she didn't have to accept it. So I agree with Lindsey.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »
^You have every right to agree with the way Lindsey announced her engagement. Like I will always love the moment when Lucas said "My wedding! It's Peyton".

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »
when did Lucas say that?

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »
I feel bad for LIndsay watching that scene.  Seriously, how crappy would you feel if not only your ex fiance was engaged practically minutes after you left the altar, but it was to the woman you were suspicious of all along.  That's why I can never blame the Brooke's or the Lindsay's who get hurt by LP like some people can, it doesn't really matter to me that they might have been able to see it a bit before hand, I can never blame the person who got hurt instead of the people who did the hurting. 
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline dawni3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Agnes!
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »
I dont blame Lindsey, it isnt her fault that she fell in love with a guy who still loved his ex, even if she was aware of it. I just personally didnt like the character, partly because we never really got to know her as anything other than Lucas' gf/fiance, prob because she wasnt meant to be there long term.
Idk, she just annoyed me!
Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining...

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 02:04:37 PM »
I dont blame Lindsey, it isnt her fault that she fell in love with a guy who still loved his ex, even if she was aware of it. I just personally didnt like the character, partly because we never really got to know her as anything other than Lucas' gf/fiance, prob because she wasnt meant to be there long term.
Idk, she just annoyed me!

Exactly, once you love someone there's pretty much no going back unless they do something drastic.  Maybe she was in denial of what was going on, but the poor girl loved him.  I can't put any of the blame on her when she's the one who got screwed over because a certain guy doesn't have the balls to end a relationship when he wants to.

Offline Naley 4 Life

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Janika ~ icon:LJ
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »
I loved Lindsay!

I agree, it wasn't her fault she fell in love with a guy who's in love with his ex.

I felt soooooo bad for her.

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
@LucasFanForever 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srlkIx1ZQOQ

Thanks (:
That scene didn't bother me though. It wasn't like he was trying to get back at her. He had no reason to do it after all.

And I do not get it when people say Lucas was still in love with Peyton in S5 when CLEARLY he spent ALL season going after Lindsey.

Offline RedBedroom

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
^ And said "I do" to her ;)
"I need to say it once. You need to hear it
I love you, Elena"

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
^That's such a huge one.  LINDSAY broke off the wedding, not Lucas.  Lucas was completely broken after that, he loved Lindsay whether people want to admit it or not.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
I think Lucas realy loved her, but I don't think he was in love with her.

Plus Lucas was in denial, whether people want to admit it or not.

Did Lucas write a booke about how beautiful his life with Lindsey was? No

Did Lucas write while he lived this "fairytale" with his fiance about a lost love, and about waiting to return to his life? yes