Author Topic: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...  (Read 61794 times)

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
Re: Lindsey really wasn't that mean...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 05:39:57 AM »
Peyton had every right not to like her. So what? Because Lindsey was Lucas' gf Peyton was obligated to like her? I don't think so.

Until 507, the one who chased Peyton was Lucas, not the other way around. Even then, instead of going after his girlfriend Lucas went to see Peyton.

So I don't know how people can say that Peyton was at fault. Lindsey never found out about the kiss, but she also didn't know about "He's not good enough", Lucas questioning his choises and not to mention the ring fiasco...

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline dawni3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Agnes!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 05:47:38 AM »
I could've liked her, until 5x09. Changed it for me, but thats for another topic!

I just didnt personally relate to her. Her being a roadblock didnt help! I knew LP would eventually get it together so it wasnt so much that, I just found her quite boring.
Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining...

l_e_x_y16

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 07:58:02 AM »
Lindsay wasnt a bitch until 409 or whatever the library episode was. They were as bad as each other in that one.

I never really liked her character cos for the first half of the season she was basically a filler character to be the thing standing between LP, then she got more of a chance when they werre getting married, and then she left.
I just never really felt like i got to know her character that well as anything other than a tool in the LP buildup.
Just my opinion though.

Offline RedBedroom

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
I really liked Lindsay and I wish she stayed on the show. I don't think she was a bitch at all, Peyton needed to be put in her place in the library episode. I'm glad Lindsay stuck up for herself
"I need to say it once. You need to hear it
I love you, Elena"

Offline Jamie

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »
Peyton had every right not to like her. So what? Because Lindsey was Lucas' gf Peyton was obligated to like her? I don't think so.

Until 507, the one who chased Peyton was Lucas, not the other way around. Even then, instead of going after his girlfriend Lucas went to see Peyton.

So I don't know how people can say that Peyton was at fault. Lindsey never found out about the kiss, but she also didn't know about "He's not good enough", Lucas questioning his choises and not to mention the ring fiasco...

I agree with this completely.

And I never saw her as a threat to LP. I just couldn't stand her relationship with Lucas. There was zero chemistry and we were just seeing the same scene over and over again. I honestly prefer BL over them.

Yes, Peyton was a complete bitch and completely OOC in Season 5, especially in 5x09, but Lindsay wasn't exactly a saint either. She was threatened by Peyton and by LP and she began to have similar insecurities to what Brooke had in S3.

Plus I don't know if I can ever forgive her about the joke she made about Peyton's gunshot wound/the school shooting. It was lower than anything Peyton said that season and then she didn't even end up apologizing for it. Peyton was the only one who did the apologizing.

I did feel bad for her in a way though. Especially when Lucas blurted out to her that he was getting married in 6x06.. although I was trying hard not to laugh.. haha.

NHforever23

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
I didn't mind her up until the time Lucas proposed to her.

It was obvious that Lucas' heart wasn't in the proposal, he was trying to get himself out of a crappy situation. I don't understand how she didn't see that.

But it's not that I didn't like her or her personality... I just don't like a road block characters as other people have mentioned.

hbzk1275

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
I actually kinda liked Lindsey. She wasn't mean or anything she was upfront about most of the stuff she said. What irritates me is how one guy can turn 3 women against each other. He must be good in bed or something. 

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »
I felt SO bad for Linday. Everyone was ruthless to her and all she did was fall for a guy. Obviously it's her right.

I loved Linday -- she was really nice. It was good to see Lucas with someone who understood writing and wasn't Brooke or Peyton.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:57 AM »

I did feel bad for her in a way though. Especially when Lucas blurted out to her that he was getting married in 6x06.. although I was trying hard not to laugh.. haha.

I didn't feel bad for her at all in 606. After the way Peyton found out about the LL engagement, I could only laugh at that scene. 

Lindsey had every reason to be insecure, not because of Peyton, but because of Lucas. It seems to me that she realy never knew him. She loved a guy who was in love with another girl. Simply as that.

There were many hints. Remember in 507 when Lindsey said that most guys aren't friends with their exes? What was Lucas' respons: Peyton is different. Not Peyton AND Booke. 

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline JamieLynn832002

• http://groups.msn.com/HotApplePieFans
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 06:34:51 AM »
For me it wasn't so much that there was something to dislike about Lindsey but that was really nothing to like. Lindsey had no almost no character development. And for the show to come back and Lucas to suddenly be with some new girl rather than Brooke or Peyton was hard to take. All we ever really knew about Lindsey is that's she an editor, her father's dead, she loves Luke and is insecure about his relationships with Brooke and esp. Peyton(for good reason).  For me, there was never enough to make me like or even really care about her.

l_e_x_y16

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 06:36:18 AM »
^ ICA with everything you said.

They never really gave her a chance to become her own character i felt like she was set up to play off other peoples SL's.

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »

Liking is ONE thing. Being nice and respectful is completely different. You don't need to like someone in order to be nice.

And Lucas chased Peyton? What now? I think we're watching different shows.

Offline RedBedroom

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
^ Exactly. She was never going to like Lindsay because she was jelous but that doesn't mean she had to treat Lindsay the way she did. I'm sure Lindsay didn't like Peyton either considering it was Luke's ex but she made the effort
"I need to say it once. You need to hear it
I love you, Elena"

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »
Yup. Both felt threatened but at least Lindsey tried to get past it and be nice.

l_e_x_y16

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:19 AM »
The only reason lindsay was able to that easier than peyton was becuase she had the guy and peyton didnt.
I think they were as bad as each other at different times.