Author Topic: Joys fan-encounters  (Read 117061 times)

Love_Joy

Joys fan-encounters
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »
Hi everyone.
I wondered if all the people who has met Joy would tell their story in this thread? Maybe there's a thread like this, i don't know. But I would really love to hear all the stories and see the pictures, since I haven't met her myself? :)

WillaMeenie

Re: Joys fan-encounters
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
I met her but it was way back during season 1.  I've met all the other several times since then, but never Joy again.  I've seen her a couple times at charity games & filming, but never talked to her again.  And it's weird, I don't ever see her out around town or hear of other people seeing her away from filming either.  Anyway, she was nice when I met her.  It was so early in the show that I think all of them were thrilled just to know that people were watching & liked the show. 

kitnrse

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »
I met Joy in July.  She was really really nice to me.  I'm shy, and I almost didn't get to meet her because the people that had already met her just stood in front of her when they were done.  My cousing said wait, and she was like "Speak up girlie!" lol she was really nice.  :)

crazy4naley

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »
My neice and I met Joy back in March during filming. She was very sweet and extremely gracious n taking multiple pictures -- even though she was in a robe (to protect her outfit).  The only ones I have not met during filming are James and Chad, so the hunt for them continues :)

italianqt194

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »
ive met joy a bunch of times. majority of the time she seemed so uninterested and kind of acted like it was a drag to take pics and stuff. i mean i appreciate that she took pics. some people dont even come over so it was nice that she did. but she didnt seem like she really cared too much. but i recently met her at the USO marine concert backstage, and she was SOOOOO nice! i think joy the musician is MUCH nicer then joy the actress. i guess she gets freaked out by fans who stalk her and wait outside her work all day for hours on end ya know.  but at the concert she was so sweet and genuine.

kitnrse

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
^ lol, it's funny you mentioned she gets freaked out.  When I met her at the RC these people told her they'd been waiting at the RC for them to film since 4 pm the previous day.  They stayed there all night until they started to set up at 5 am.  Joy put on a fake smile and said cool. lol I was a little scared myself.

Love_Joy

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:49:46 AM »
^They did? :o Oh god. I guess I understand she was a bit freaked. :D

WillaMeenie. Did you talk to Joy back during season 1?

penny lane

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »
Unlike with, say, Hilarie or Sophia (where people's experiences are almost always totally positive) it seems to be a bit hit and miss with Joy. I really hope that doesn't put people off her though - i think it's obvious that she's a really sweet, intelligent, wonderful person, and really well liked and respected by all at OTH. It's just, she's said in the past that she's not really a 'people person' and is kind of uncomfortable in large groups of people she doesn't know. As far as i'm concerned, that's ok. I mean, it's obviously a pity for people who don't have the experience they might have hoped for, but at the end of the day, just because you're an actress doesn't automatically mean that you are good at or are into all the other stuff that comes with it.

So, yeah, this has become a bit of a ramble! I'm not even a hard-core fan of Joy's (although i do really like her :P), but i would hate to think of people who consider her their favorite cast member being really disillusioned by some of the stories out there. That goes for any of the actors really :)

Offline sofia

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:51 AM »
I met JOY 3 times and those 3 time she was lovable, adorable, so sweet and very nice person with me  .. she have a big heart  and she is so kindhearted  ... she always thanks me for coming .. , I never get disappointed by her never because she is the sweetest person i ever met with chad  ... she 's very shy for sure and like pennie sais, she is not a very peoplep person. she is really wonderful and she make a really great joy with playing Haley  ... I know that when she is oing to film she want to stay focused on her role  and that's what I love on her because when we saw the episodes, we  are all very happy  .... and like a lot of you said, the actors are human so sometimes they can be on sad mood  .. that's what's happened to me with sophia bush, i came from france and i tried 5 time to meet her and no succes she didnt wanted to come, and i couldnt be upset at her because she is humain, of course I was sad because I like her but I understand, if she doesnt want to come  its her life .. because at the end, its a wonderful scenes sophia gives us no ?? so its the same for bethany  i guess  ...
so just wanted to finish and tell that Bethany Joy is amazing and, kind and very adorable and i love her  .....
♥ I love my JOY ♥      ♥ Joy you're my Angel  ♥

♥ "You still make my heart race" ♥

Offline Cheerytutorgrl

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: Me. Sig: LJ
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
I understand her because I'm not a people person and large crowds really freak me out. I met her at the game and she was pretty nice but kind of uninterested. Which is understandable, I guess, I mean there are lots of people. I would like to meet her again, hopefully on one of her good days.

GTFO ♥
I will be strong.
 I will be faithful.

Offline jackiegonyer

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »
i meet joy two years ago at the charity game and i was like "your my role model"..nd she got tears in her eyes and so did i..nd she took a pic for me...
then this year..she told me my 100th episode shirt was awsome...but i was like really quiet around her...
she was such a sweetheart
when does this pain go away?
or does it ever?

Love_Joy

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
Aww! She sounds so kind :) I guess someting like "you're my role model" and "Your music makes my day better" or whatever, is things she really loves hearing from her fans.

Offline jessxhalo23

• Icon: Rochelle
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »
You guys are super lucky! I'm so jealous. I hope I get to meet her some day =) Thanks for all the stories!

Offline naleynaley23

• Posting Freak
  • :)
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
i meet joy two years ago at the charity game and i was like "your my role model"..nd she got tears in her eyes and so did i..nd she took a pic for me...
then this year..she told me my 100th episode shirt was awsome...but i was like really quiet around her...
she was such a sweetheart

AWW.. thats soo cute that she got tears in her eyes <3
melissa

Offline sofia

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
yeah, when I told her that she is my inspiration and she helped me a lot when I was sick and I thanked her then she also got tears .... so yeah you are right girls, she is a such a sweetheart !
♥ I love my JOY ♥      ♥ Joy you're my Angel  ♥

♥ "You still make my heart race" ♥