Author Topic: Pretty Girl  (Read 46099 times)

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Pretty Girl
« Reply #540 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
Wasn't it said that Mark actually wrote the opening and stuff?  I don't know for sure I know that was thrown out there.

Either way in my eyes it was a slap in the face to both fanbases.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »
Haha,I was looking through older threads and found this one.Very amusing how other fans went ballistic because Lucas called Peyton "Pretty girl."

I never felt bothered by that at all even though I used to like Brucas,but who cares about nicknames?Seriously?

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
Watching it again, I doubt he was even thinking of the nickname, he was just calling Peyton pretty!

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #543 on: August 11, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
Pretty girl, is totally BL. And yeah for some it didn't mean anything but for BL serious fan it meant a thing, a horrible thing....fuck you LUCAS.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #544 on: August 11, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
I miss freak out threads that span 20 pages.  Oh memories. :)

Offline LPLover623

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon/Sig: Agnes!
« Reply #545 on: August 11, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
Haha I know! 22 pages on 2 words LOL.

But even so, I do remember watching the scene and my jaw hit the floor when he came out with it. I just could not believe it! Haha, as much as I'm a serious LP fan and really dislike BL, I do see what the fuss was about with this, even I thought straight to Brucas when he said it.

"over-possessive best friends, with weird lesbian energy...and Haley"
Brooke♥Peyton

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #546 on: August 12, 2012, 03:07:50 AM »
They really took that to heart. Hell, even Peyton called him pretty boy LOL now you know it wasn't that serious. It's just a nickname. I wonder if they'd get mad if he called Sawyer, pretty girl? Because he definitely would. That's who he is and it doesn't make him an asshole for using it.

Offline gap

« Reply #547 on: August 12, 2012, 03:49:54 AM »
It was definitely a huge insult to Brucas and their fans. I really don't know how a lot of Leyton fans can just brush it off with "lol it's just a nick name". Because no. It was someone that was very specific to the Brucas relationship and something that he had ONLY ever called Brooke. It wasn't like he was going around calling everyone pretty girl willy nilly.

Offline LPLover623

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon/Sig: Agnes!
« Reply #548 on: August 12, 2012, 07:26:39 AM »
I wonder if they'd get mad if he called Sawyer, pretty girl? Because he definitely would. That's who he is and it doesn't make him an [Censored] for using it.
Yeh I was thinking that. Like would the BLers have freaked out so much if he'd used it for Sawyer not Peyton. And I am almost certain he would call her that aswell

"over-possessive best friends, with weird lesbian energy...and Haley"
Brooke♥Peyton

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #549 on: August 13, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »
lol am I missing something, though? Is it a reason he called her [brooke] pretty girl? Tell me the meaning behind it, because to me it's just like saying any other endearing names like baby, baby girl, honey, babe, beautiful etc.. He called her crazy girl too. Now what that mean? :/

Offline justafan

« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »
lol am I missing something, though? Is it a reason he called her [brooke] pretty girl? Tell me the meaning behind it, because to me it's just like saying any other endearing names like baby, baby girl, honey, babe, beautiful etc.. He called her crazy girl too. Now what that mean? :/

it was a Brooke and Lucas thing back from the third season or even second season. I honestly think it was a Chad thing...I don't know really.  But it stuck and it became a staple of Brooke and Lucas and a connection between them.  "Pretty Girl" and "Boyfriend" as they were referred to.  Just because he uses the same name for another girl doesn't take away from the millions of times it was used in the previous seasons.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2013, 07:51:45 PM »

Who cares if BL are a high school couple, the show was written better when they were in high school. Yeah LP will probably be together forever.. but quality trumps quantity in tv land.
Actually endgame trumps wishful thinking in tv land.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
« Reply #552 on: April 02, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »
Actually endgame trumps wishful thinking in tv land.

And to be fair, PL were together before, during AND after BL.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #553 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
I f you are a brucas fan OF COURSE, pretty girl doesn't just mean another nickname, for ME, is one of the greatest nicknames of the show.