Author Topic: Brooke in the Dream...  (Read 7816 times)

Elly

Re: Brooke in the Dream...
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »
I was looking forward to that scene but I was disappointed. Don't jump down my throats people, but I think Mark made it look bad to make LP's one look good.

Brooke isn't like that AT ALL, especially not now. She has grown the most out of everyone.

mooreothfan89

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »
I was looking forward to it also, i was so excited for the dream, and then i blinked and it was done. As much as I love BL, that dream made me not like them, and think they weren't meant to be together, i converted to LP, i mean I've always been infatuated with LP, but now its all LP. Where is the Brucas Chemistry that i fell in love with!?

eerriinn91

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »
i felt nothing between them during their dream scene like there just was no chemistry.

Offline blondielove

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • team dq/bb ftmfw♥
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »
I thought the BL dream was going to be a lot better than it was. I dunno, something felt off IMO

♥

ONTLOVESOTH1027

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 10:59:44 PM »
My opinion about this is that:

Usually dreams are about how the person truely feel about the person or thing in the dream, so me saying that would mean that mabye that was how lucas saw brooke....obviously he wouldnt feel that same way about her now that they have gotten so close, but she was like that a little bit when he first met her...Brooke has grown so much throughout the seasons, that mabye he felt that she has gotten her dream so mabye she would go back to her old ways...(and in some scenes i have noticed it)

I have to admit, that it seemed very strange, even the lindsey dream seemed weird too.....like the tone of their voices and their actions....Being a Peyton, Lucas lover i am glad how it turned out but everyone is right that the dreams seemed kinda off....

Sorry if my opinion has offended anyone, its just my opinion...

ds2love

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
The BL dream was completely off. I don't wanna believe that Lucas sees her that way. their relationship in S3 was nothing like that, so I havent a clue where that came from. Brooke and Luke spent time time together caring for little Angie. So why wouldnt he see something like them trying to balance career and family?

oth-fan09

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
i personally think it was portrayed that way to prop another unnamed couple. it's like the writers don't remember what happened to BL in season 3 and season 5 -- this came out of nowhere again.

and it goes against what everything has happened to BL.

Offline mfa39

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
I agree. She was like all flirty in the dream. Which made it obvious to anyone who didn't know that it was a dream.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »
I really hated that scene.She used to be superfical in season one,but she's changed alot over the years. When I saw this scene it really disappointed me.And it wasn't really about the relationship she had with Lucas.I just...didn't like HER and the way she was talking about Jamie was just awful.I think everyone could see (especially in season 5) how much she cares for Jamie and no...that really wasn't the Brooke I know.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 02:12:03 PM »
First time I saw this thread. I think it's totally true. When I saw the dream sequence, I was like WTH? I mean Brooke loves TH and I'm pretty sure she would stay there no matter what. It made it seems like Lucas only chose Peyton because in the dream he had, he was living in his childhood house.. I mean I'm pretty sure whoever he choose, they were going to live in this house..
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline olimix57

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
I hated that scene to. I think they just showed Brooke as the person Lucas thought she was which just proves Lucas never really knew her.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
I liked it. I think the purpose of it was showing that without certain people in her life, Brooke would've never changed and she'd continue being the person she was in season 1 and they did that very well. It was very fitting.

Offline Rose H.

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
Yeah, i didnt like that dream. She wasnt the Brooke we know and we love. This wasnt Brooke.
I think they made it that way in purpose so that it seems like Peyton is the one for Lukas. :P

Offline brokenmixtape2

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Okay, so my opinion is this..
The New York thing was kind of off, and didn't really make sense.
But I think some of what was in the scene made a lot of sense. It showed Brooke dictating the relationship and lets face it she did that a bit in the BL relationship. Telling Lucas he couldn't see Peyton and so on. I just think the dream showed that they weren't equals in the relationship and Brooke was always telling Lucas how to behave and everything was kind of on her terms, and that is not a healthy relationship. Mostly this is one of the reasons IMO why BL never could work, they couldn't really be themselves when they were together. They always had to try so hard, while with LP it was just there. I think the dream portrayed the BL relationship more than Brooke as a person.

While the LL dream kind of showed that the LL relationship was too easy and not that special .
And in the LP dream, their relationship was natural, they were equals and just happy.
Walking the streets with you and your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »
I think the dream sequence came down to Lucas already knowing what was in his heart. He was in love with Peyton and no matter how he tried to conjure up a life with Lindsay/Brooke, they both paled in comparison to the life he would have with Peyton.

That's not to say that that is the life he would've had if he had ended up with Lindsay or Brooke, but I think he already had his mind made up that what he wanted was a life with Peyton, even before he met the strange man in the airport and his friends/family told him to pick someone.

So when he imagined their lives, the life he had with Brooke was basically Brucas in high school, but grown up. He had the same relationship he had with Lindsay before, which was pretty boring and routine, but the life he had with Peyton in his fantasy, was what he truly wanted. Notice in his fantasy with Peyton he didn't have any complaints at all, but with Brooke, he had Brooke OOC and complaining about not seeing Jamie or being in Tree Hill enough, and with Lindsay, even he pointed out how "easy" (see boring) it was being with her.

I don't think Lucas was trying to be mean to her or paint her out to be this workaholic and bossy, but simply pointing out that he and Brooke simply weren't meant to be.  At least that's how I interpreted that episode. He could've chosen either of the other girls, but he didn't, he chose Peyton, because in his mind/heart he already knew the truth. He was in love with Peyton, just liked he said it in season 4 after the championship game.

"The realization that we had always been meant for each other and every instinct to the contrary had simply been a denial of the following truth - I was now and would always be in love with Peyton Sawyer."

"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.