Author Topic: Brooke in the Dream...  (Read 7930 times)

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Brooke in the Dream...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
Shinta, in response to your statement, i totally think that is NOT who Brooke is anymore. Perhaps, it is who she used to be, before Lucas changed her life in S1.

I am so upset about this. :( But maybe, just maybe, they did this on purpose, so they will be able to contrast this dream sequence with actual BL in the future?

Shinta

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean, Renee. Maybe it will be more acceptable if this is The Brooke we know in the beginning of S1.

IMO, that dream scequence is legally said that Brooke is not right for Lucas that, she and Lucas really isnt a soulmate.
I just wish that the story line is more smoother on portraying all those 3 girls with Lucas and shows the really who they are as we know in this last 5 seasons.

Once in the life time, I totally disappoint with Brooke's story line in this premiere hehehe

MNewton11

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
Yeah I agree.. I don't think Brooke would have been like that at all.. She has become such an unselfish and giving person in the  few seasons so I don't believe she would have asked Lucas to take her name or bought herself flowers.. it just doesn't seem right!

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 09:42:08 AM »
What disappoints me the most is the fact that the writers seem to negate the fact that it was Lucas who changed Brooke in S1.  It was Lucas that made her realize that she shouldn't be such a spoiled brat, and that there is more to life.... :(

sophiab23

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »
its true

TLA_ Leyton_

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
I´m Leyton time...
but agree the dream sequence of Brooke didn´t show how she is now, But how she used to be.
I think she would like to stay living in Tree hill,with kids and around James

LuffNaley87

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 10:49:22 AM »
Urg...I'm glad there is this thread because the other thread with all the happy people about the dream was flustrating.

I have to admit that it was weird seeing Brooke act like she did. We haven't seen Brooke be superficial like that in so long. It shockd me that within a year after Brooke's whole family/love revelation in season 5 that she could change so much and be so different.

I guess they wanted to make it more clear that Peyton was Lucas's choice, but I didnt think the Lindsey dream was as bad as the Brooke dream. I dunno i'm baffled and would like to hear Mark's explination on things.

Offline Miss_Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Broody&Cheery
    • LadyinPink
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 11:16:58 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean. I actually thought of the same thing..And I know pretty much everyone could see that THAT GIRL wasn't the real Brooke. She was never like that with Lucas..

Brooke:”So, do I get to be a part of this world?” Lucas:”The biggest part”

weaversbird

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
I think its such a shame because it could have been a really great moment.

But the person in that dream sequence wasn't the Brooke we've come to know and love. At the moment the biggest thing in Brooke's life are her family andfriends and the way it portrayed it she'd completely forgotten about that and she didn't even seem to have much time for Lucas in it, because he mentioned that they didn't see much of each other and it didn't seem to bother her.

maybe the point of it was to show that LP were meant to be together because I agree that the Lindsey one was a bit Stepford wivesish, but they should have made all the dreams more realistic. To me only the LP one seemed natural, and with both characters being themselves. I was looking forward to seeing the BL one and felt a bit let down tbh.

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
I would absolutely HATE to think that this is how Lucas actually perceives Brooke... :(

oth-fan09

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 12:39:08 PM »
i personally get the fact that they're trying to show LP meant to be, but i wish MS would have done it in a way where it didn't degrade LL or BL. i think that's just plain wrong.

iheartbrucas

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »
ITA as well...not at all like Brooke now! i liked it but at the same time I didn't like how they're relationship was portrayed. I'm also pretty sure they would have a kid of their own by then too!

ktlady

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »
Anyone think she was not like B.Davis at all? I mean in the dream, Brooke really cared about work and what Lucas got her...I mean, thats not how she is. They made her superficial. But when we ciut out of the dream, Brooke isn ike that at all. Even when she is happy. She never acted that way really with Lucas before... :-\

yeahh, i think that all the dreams were a little weird. i think that lucas was maybe worried they'd be too much of a power couple and not enough of a regular happy couple?

_bpd_

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
I think the dream is the way Lucas interpreted each girl and what he saw them as in the future. Brooke is a successful and independent woman who clearly cares about her career, friends and family.. that was portrayed in the dream and that's been portrayed in the past seasons. The writers portrayed Brooke the exact same way she has been but the way Lucas SAW and INTERPRETED Brooke was more superficial. IMO, Brooke has always been independent and Lucas wants someone who, for lack of a better word, needs him.

I don't see how the dream Brooke was any different from the real Brooke. I just didn't like the dream sequence with BL because it was awkward, pushed and there were no real emotions that came out of. Personally, it was belittling BL and their relationship.

Katielove19

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »
I liked certain aspects of the dream but that's definitely not how Brooke would be!! She went back to Tree Hill just like Lucas did because it's home to them, they both love Jamie, and they would definitely be around their friends and family. It's funny because it seemed like Lucas was more into Brooke when in their past relationship it's potrayed that Brooke is always more into Lucas.

I think this is kinda like showing us how Lucas really feels, that maybe he really does love her still. "I DO love you Brooke Davis"

I don't really understand why Lucas dreamed about her in that way but that doesn't mean that's how he views her because he knows she's an amazing, selfless person. He even said she had grown more than anyone he had ever known in his book!

I was thinking maybe that's how Brooke would be if she never came home and just stayed in NY the whole time if that makes sense?