Author Topic: Brooke in the Dream...  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Brooke in the Dream...
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »
Anyone think she was not like B.Davis at all? I mean in the dream, Brooke really cared about work and what Lucas got her...I mean, thats not how she is. They made her superficial. But when we ciut out of the dream, Brooke isn ike that at all. Even when she is happy. She never acted that way really with Lucas before... :-\

Only1TreeHill91

Re: Brooke in the Dream...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
 Yeah I didn't like their dream sequence at all.

I have to agree with you. If it was real and BL had been married for a year I don't think that's how they'd be.

I hated how they seemed like a workaholic couple.
And Brooke saying that Jamie would understand why they
don't see him anymore was lame.

Offline Morgan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • N.Scott ♥
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »
I feel the same exact way! It didn't seem like her at all!
-katy.rocks.my.socks-

Shoutout to my haters! Sorry you couldn't phase me.

kitnrse

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »
She wasn't herself.  It was like, she had a different personality where all she cared about was herself.  Not like the Brooke we know.

Offline dcfreak_2002

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Sig- Beckettsworld@Tumblr
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
I agree that is the B.Davis we all know and love
Partners in Crime and life♥

weaversbird

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:50:40 AM »
Yeah I really didn't like the BL dream sequence which is a shame because even as an LP fan I was really looking forward to seeing them together in the dream but I was quite disappointed.

It sounded like Brooke was too involved in her work to see anyone, even Lucas all that much and that just isn't who she is. It didn't feel all that natural either, I didn't like it.

Offline BLall-da-way

• SCOTT BROS♥EDWARD♥ERIC NORTHMAN♥SALVADORE BROTHERS
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »
i didnt like it either!! brooke is suppose to be a person who loves her work but is in love wid life.. she gives more importance to love than to work.. they showed it all wrong.. i think mark was trying to show us that leyton was the couple that was meant to be..

Offline ilovemouth

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:14:36 AM »
i didnt like it either.. brooke isnt superficial like that.. i think they just wanted to make it more assuring that peyton was the best one to be with lucas

PeytonScott

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »
I thought it was out of character for her too. Wasn't the whole of season 5 about proving how important family and friends are to Brooke? Certainly more important than work. Then again in my opinion, the whole point of the dream sequences was to prove to Lucas where his heart truly lies.

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »
I agree with you guys, the dream was so un-Brooke. Firstly, they made her out to be some sort of materialistic spoiled brat - which is how they portrayed her at the very beginning of the show i suppose.

Secondly, they made it seem as though she was more in love with herself than with her husband (Lucas, although it could have been anyone else) -- having him take the name Davis, etc. etc.

Also, she sort of brushed off Jamie, saying that yeah, she misses him, but she wasnt there anymore. I dont think she could leave Jamie just like that, not after how much they bonded in S5...

I am not happy.... :(

WillaMeenie

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 08:50:31 AM »
I agree.  Though I guess all those opening scenes were supposed to be a little extreme.  The one with Lindsey was a bit Stepford wife-ish.  I guess the one with Peyton was a bit more realistic, but intended that way to show his choice was right. 

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
I just feel like they could have been better. I don't question the writers' decision of choosing LP, i just feel like BL-ers and LL-ers were cheated in a way.

Offline BLall-da-way

• SCOTT BROS♥EDWARD♥ERIC NORTHMAN♥SALVADORE BROTHERS
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 08:56:54 AM »
^^^ agree wid both of u... the sirname thing though, i think she was kidding coz lucas smiled after tht.. but brushing jamie off really pissed me off.. she would NEVER do that.. even after the dream she fired millicent telling her love is more important than anything else n she should not let go of it coz of work...

Offline rockxstar

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
But even as a joke, it sounded so egotistical and superficial, which sort of erases EVERYTHING Brooke has gone through since the pilot.  We saw Brooke mature as the seasons pass, especially when she became student body president... She is not the same immature brat she used to be, and thats why i love her!

I definitely think she was unfairly portrayed. :(

Shinta

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
I was about to ask this thing to all my BL fellows hehehe

Brooke isnt my favorite character in this show since the beginning, but I do feel that the dream scene doesnt show us who Brooke is.

It seems legally said that she's not the one for Lucas with all her attitudes in it. She bought the flower to make sure that she likes what Lucas will give her for their anniversary?, she didnt show much interest on talking about coming back to Tree Hill and visiting their friends?

I dont know if that's what Brooke is but...I just dont like how  the story line potrayed who she is in that dream scenes.