Author Topic: i was so confused with Nathan\'s dream  (Read 8572 times)

othlvr4eva

Re: i was so confused with Nathan\'s dream
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
funny that you say that since he played a mean guy in Gilmore and Dawsons haha

I don't really see how mean he was on Gilmore Girls. From what I remember, he was kind of a fake bad boy, doing things that he thought bad boys would do. I don't know about him on Dawson's Creek, so I can't comment on that at all.

nicolleg06

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »
i loved this episode cause it proved that Naley were meant to be (: and the scene with Nathan and Brooke was so funny.

Lilmanlance

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 10:04:22 AM »
I really liked the episode actually. It was cool that they went off the main storyline for that episode and did something fun with it. It was one of my favorite season 2 episodes.

Brucas_Is_Love

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
I absolutely loved this episode. It was a great insight into how it would of been if Dan choose Karen over Deb. I think, that this version of the show would have been awesome to watch, too. :D

I just loved this episode, definately one of my all-time favorites.

Sue866

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 11:22:41 PM »
I love this alternate reality episode!

It is basically a farce, it's there to show some points about characters and to have a little fun with the season one events. I personally think it was brilliant.

Of course Lucas was a terrible "bad" guy, but I think Chad acted it like that on purpose - and what I saw was a tongue in cheek method acting there. He was so bad he was worse than Nathan and that's pretty bad. He was over-reaching for "effect". It's ultimately funny.

The dynamics were so funny in this episode. We had Lucas and Dan's relationship which mirrored Nathan's and Dan's. Dan was still tough on the son he had living with him. Dan was still detached with his wife, which happened to be Karen. Karen was a successful business-woman like Deb was in S1 with a dozen cafe's. Meanwhile Deb was disowned by her parents and got no money from them when she became a single mother so she opened 'Deb's Den' mirroring Karen's struggle.
So Nathan took Lucas' spot as the good guy who is good friends with Haley. Some of the Nate/Haley dynamic stayed the same, or similar, but in Nathan's dream version Haley was tone deaf. LOL.
Dan and Keith's relationship was backwards. Keith has the upper hand by owning a dealership and Dan is the peon. Keith gets the opportunity to call Dan "Boozy" like Dan has called him all those years.
While Nathan and Haley still seem to be able to get together in this "alternate" world, Karen and Keith still manage to be together. There is even a cool reference to where Karen sometimes thinks Lucas' is Keiths. It's not clear, really, but I'm guessing Lucas and Keith still have a pretty good relationship in the AU world here.
Haley, Peyton, and Brooke are pretty much the same people.
It's nice how it was supposed to be opposite - but at the end Nathans subconscious started to change events between him and Haley.

I just thought the whole thing was brilliant.

Offline mhmitsAGGI

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • sig:tabby
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 12:45:11 AM »
i got the point of the dream, but i agree it was kind of confusing! like okay, so they switched dan and keith's jobs, but both of them are evil? idk i thought that was the most confusing part.

NHforever23

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »
My favorite dream sequence ever, it was so interesting to see James and chad playing reverse roles.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 03:38:28 AM »
Well, the whole point of the episode was to kind of poke fun at the series so far. I dont think it had anything to do with the pilot per say. A lot of things were taken from it. But the dream was supposed to be if Dan had married Karen instead of Deb.

I think the whole Keith being angry/Dan being nice role reversal was just to be something new and interesting.

And again, it was all just a dream from Nathan, so it didnt really have to make sense.

It was one of my favorite episodes that season.

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
It is one of my faves probably because even though I love jerk Nathan, I really enjoyed seeing James play the nice guy. Plus I adored Naley as BFFs.
Credit: LJ

ForbiddenFruit

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:09 PM »
It is one of my faves probably because even though I love jerk Nathan, I really enjoyed seeing James play the nice guy. Plus I adored Naley as BFFs.

Naley as best friends was so cute! I mean I like to think married couples are eachothers  best friends lol- but this was just another level. It was that hidden, bottled up love ...

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »

Naley as best friends was so cute! I mean I like to think married couples are eachothers  best friends lol- but this was just another level. It was that hidden, bottled up love ...

Exactly. It was so great to see. That's why I loved the episode so much.
Credit: LJ

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 02:22:40 PM »
aw yea, I loved this episode. Definitely my favorite AU episode BY FAR. Naley were the best part, they wre so adorable....the way Nathan was looking at Haley in that classroom scene...it was so obvious he had more than best friend feelings for her!

Offline ashley5704

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Credit Terra and Agnes
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »
but I thought it was a bit of a wasted episode really

It was an interesting episode, just to see how things would be like. But I agree with this part...

<3

TheGatsby

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »
I really don't like this episode at all, in fact I've only ever seen it twice and now I skip it every time I watch the last disc of Season 2. I mean I get the point of the episode and I'm a Naley fan too, but I just don't like it in any way.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:13:51 PM by TheGatsby »

glitter_girl

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 09:08:58 PM »
Well when I first saw this episode, I had only been watching One Tree Hill for about a week (I'm still very new to the show) and I saw it was on TV and I decided to watch it. I had no context and had only seen a few episodes in season 1. Boy, was I confused. I was trying to explain it to my mom who hadn't seen any of it before and I kept saying "No, Nathan is the mean one! Why is Lucas being mean? Why are Nathan and Haley friends? What?" Haha. But I really didn't like this episode. I think it was really dumb that basically they just completely switched the roles. I highly doubt Deb would have opened a cafe just as Karen did. Or that Naley would be best friends. I love them completely but it's just unlikely. And why did Lucas and Peyton hate eachother? I know Lucas was supposed to be a jerk, but if it was supposed to show who was really meant to be then wouldn't they actually like eachother? It wouldn't be the same exact relationship Neyton had. I think the writers should have put more creativity into it. Waste of an episode, IMO.