Author Topic: Peyton isn\'t the comet [Please read first post before reacting]  (Read 19728 times)

Scott Crowe

****EDIT*****

So because I got lots of reactions about this topic being stupid, and lots of LP'ers reacting: "the writers say she is, so she is" I've put this post up first, just for everyone to see my point of view. I don't want to start fights, and you'll see that if you read this post. So read, think, react...I'm okay if you disagree with me.

Some people clearly have the feeling this topic doesn't make sense because of the title. I understand that, cause even to it's been pointed out Peyton is in fact Lucas' comet, this one guy comes and says it isn't so. So let me un-confuse you guys...

Let me make one thing very clear, I do get that in the series, the reference of the comet is made towards Peyton. That's one thing. On the other hand I'm saying: she's not. That's another thing.

I just feel the comet reference is uncalled for in the situation as it is at this point. Why? For many reasons...

For starters, it seemed to me that Lucas was doing allright at the start of this season. He was struggling professionaly (with the book) but he was doing great in his relationship with Lindsay. The thing is, I think lots of us got mad at this point, because LP was meant to be, yet it seemed that four years into the future all of that was lost. We all want to believe in love that's meant to be...and that's great, 'cause the greatest stories of humankind are love stories (Romeo and Julliette, tristan and Isolde, ...)

To me Lucas ran out on Peyton for the wrong reasons, but that doesn't mean he can't have fallen in love with Lindsay for the right reasons.

When Peyton comes back Lucas can start writing again, maybe because of the art-comment that Peyton made, I won't argue on that point (allthough to me, I think it's fairly logical he found insparation in all those things that changed in his life...) but to gofrom there to saying she gave his life meaning...that's one bridge too far for me.

When your ex-gf shows up in your life, especially without either of you having found closure, that's tough. So I understand Lucas being jealous and prottective on Peyton. Seeing your ex flirt with someone else always hurts...(but just because Chase kissed Peyton and brooke looked shocked doesn't mean she still loves Chase).
and if your ex than adds he or she still loves you, that might even get you out of balance for a moment. Just imagine your ex standing on your porch saying he/she still loves you...

I can't and won't deny that there's maybe still some chemistry between Lucas and Peyton. But there's a difference between how they both have handled it throughout this season. You could easily tell from the looks on their faces after they kissed. Peyton couldn't have been more happier, but Lucas' face didn't share that emotion. Instead he said he had to go back to Lindsay.

When proposing to Lindsay you can tell Luke's love for her is genuine. He's afraid of not feeling good enough for her, and when she reassures him, he's so happy. That happyness that isn't found in kissing Peyton comes in the reassurance of the words of Lindsay, to me that's worth alot. And to top that off I don't think with the history Lucas has with Dan and all he would be the one to rush into marriage without feeling real love.

Your biggest argument is that he wrote the book about Peyton being his comet, and giving meaning to his life. There are clearly 3 characters that have read the book. I've explained my reasons why I think both Haley and Lindsay have reasons to believe he's talking about Peyton: Lindsey is clearly intimitated by her, and Haley saw them both kissing.

Yet, Lucas has told every single one who asked him that he hasn't wrote the book about Peyton. He tells so to the people he cares about most: Haley, Lindsay, and now Andy. He even adds to Andy that what he really wants is Lindsay and that not a day passes without him missing her and thinking about her.

when he went to NY to talk to Lindsay, he clearly was being honest with Lindsey. Yes, I know, we've had those speeches before, but every single time on the moment he spoke those words they came from the heart. They did now as well.

So all I'm saying is, at this point, I do not believe his love for Peyton is bigger than his love for Lindsay. Even not subconciously. So to me at this point Peyton is not Lucas' comet.

That doesn't mean that will never change. Luke's heart has a history of flipflopping and I do realize that Mark will probably have them together by the end of the last season...but at this point, I just don't feel the love between 'em.

To people that have been guessing 'bout me being Team Brucas, or anti-LP. I have to dissapoint you, I've been rooting for LP since episode one, allthough I did find Brucas to have a more genuine chemistry on screen.

But at this point I'm shipping Lindsay. Partly because she's a great person, and hasn't harmed anyone whatsoever. She hasn't forced or tricked Lucas into loving her, and I can't help but always root for the underdog...
but partly too because Peyton does deserve someone who truly loves her, someone who is honest and clear with his feelings. I always felt Jake has been a bigger man in his love for Peyton, he cared for her happyness, whilst in LP, I always had the feeling Peyton had to be gratefull for being with Lucas. As if she's dependent on him...and I feel she's more than that. If you see how much she's achieved on her own she shouldn't be dependent on anyone in a relationship.

HIL_IS_LOVE

Peyton isn\'t the comet [Please read first post before reacting]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
dude u seriously need to watch 5.12 because clearly u haven't and then u need to drop the bias attitude and realize that BOTH Linsday and Haley think Peyton is the Comet, and im pretty sure they know Lucas a lot better than u do.

oh and btw, im pretty sure this is gonna start fights so u might consider changing your OP

BaleyAlways

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:50:11 AM »
Originally posted by HIL_IS_LOVE
im pretty sure they know Lucas a lot better than u do.

LOL, they are fictional characters... :|

I dunno, I kind of agree with you and kind of don't.

I just think if Peyton is the comet it's gonna be so obvious, and complete unrefreshing and totally expected.
I just wouldn't enjoy it, it's like watching something I've already seen.

Scott Crowe

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »
1) I saw 5.12.
2) Why is it a bias attitude when it comes from a LL-fan, but it's okay if a LP-fan puts the things like this?
3) Lucas is just a character, as are Haley and Peyton...so technicaly, yeah they know "him" better than I do.
4) I don't even know what an OP is?
5) A forum can only excist when there's discussion, if everyone would agree it would get a lil' bit lame.

koko

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
Peytons not the comet. Yeah and Jamie isn't Nathan and Haleys son. :eyebrow:

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »
I don't think hes being biased, just speaking his opinion, I don't think he needs to change anything....

I personally think Lucas is still in love with peyton, he just is hiding behind his love for Lindsay and his love for Peyton came out in his book.... about the comet.... I think he is in love with Lindsay and wants to be with her, they have grown into a relationship together and he loves her, but I still think, deep down, he knows he is meant to be with peyton....

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »
Originally posted by BaleyAlways
Originally posted by HIL_IS_LOVE
im pretty sure they know Lucas a lot better than u do.

LOL, they are fictional characters... :|

I dunno, I kind of agree with you and kind of don't.

I just think if Peyton is the comet it's gonna be so obvious, and complete unrefreshing and totally expected.
I just wouldn't enjoy it, it's like watching something I've already seen.

i know they are fictional characters, im being sarcastic ;)

BaleyAlways

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
^ LOL, oh right, I thought you were being serious.

I was kinda like 'What?!' :P

Apologies :)

Scott Crowe

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »
plus, it's only two lines in a book, i just think that's too little to say: he wrote a book about Peyton, even if she was "the comet" (which she isn't, it's just about a comet).

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »
u don't know what else he wrote in that book..only two people have read it and that's Haley and Lindsey and we all know how they feel about it

Scott Crowe

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
thanks maryroses...:)
Three people, as Lucas wrote it, and we all know how he feels about it too...

Offline Mrs_laffertyxx

• I should own stock in this place!
  • icon credit - to whoever made it
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »
ok first off everyones entitled to their own opinon Scott and your not
being biased or have a biased attitude your just stating your opinon!

Originally posted by mary7roses
I personally think Lucas is still in love with peyton, he just is hiding behind his love for Lindsay and his love for Peyton came out in his book.... about the comet.... I think he is in love with Lindsay and wants to be with her, they have grown into a relationship together and he loves her, but I still think, deep down, he knows he is meant to be with peyton....

wow mary you just said pretty much everything i was gonna say
so yeah i totally agree!
Life’s greatest tragedy is not that it will some day end,
but that most of us just love to follow directions, and many times we end up totally lost....

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »
Okay, I would just like to point out that Lucas was still butt hurt about Peyton turning down his proposal, not showing up to his book signing, etc... hence their big blow up fight when she threw the books at him.

Lucas has a history of denying his feelings and feeling sad for himself when he gets dumped. Look back at S4 when Brooke broke up with him. How often did he pine over Brooke and gave her those lovey dovey " I still love you" speeches? But at the end, who did he realize he loved and ended up with? Peyton.

Pretty ironic how Lucas had writer's block all the while Peyton was away in LA and as soon as she gets back to Tree Hill, the very next day he's at the computer typing away. Lindsey quoted his story about how his life had meaning when he saw the comet and when it went away he lost meaning of life or whatever. That parallels to his relationship with Peyton. The first time he talked to Peyton was when her car broke down and in that same episode, he decided to join the basketball team which in essence, gave his life meaning. After Peyton left to LA and turned down his proposal, he couldn't write another book because he had writer's block and ironically when Peyton returns to Tree Hill, he started writing again.

Even in the podcast Mark said that Peyton is the comet, so you cannot argue with that. I know Lucas loved Lindsey and of course he's still going to be hurt and pining over him. They almost married and he was with her for 2 years, but that does not mean he still isn't in love with Peyton. I can go back to S3 and S4 when he was head over heels for Brooke and pined for her after their break up, but in the end who did he choose? Peyton.

Peyton can't let go of the past because they didn't have closure did they? She said someday to his proposal and he left her without saying a word. She finally let go when she told him to be happy with Lindsey, but that doesn't mean she can't still want to be with him. And I'm sorry, but Lucas cannot let go of the past either apparently.

koko

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:32 AM »
ITA ^.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »
Oh and didn't Peyton say repeatedly that she didn't come back to Tree Hill for Lucas? Turned out she did.

Just like Lucas can be saying the comet wasn't in reference to Peyton.