Author Topic: The BL Pregnance Scare- 1x19  (Read 6843 times)

BroodyLovesCheery

The BL Pregnance Scare- 1x19
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
I have to say, I absolutely loved that episode. It was so good and heartwrenching. It was very interesting to see Lucas in Dan's place for a second. I think that was the best Chad and Sophia had acted the whole season. I was so proud of Lucas when he was taking the responsibility and trying to be there for Brooke.

Some really good quotes from that episode-

Karen Roe: [after finding out Brooke is pregnant, Karen has slapped Lucas] Lucas! I didn't mean it.
Lucas: I'm pretty sure you did.
Karen Roe: No! It's just - do you understand? This is *exactly* what I didn't want for you! I mean, have I been talking to myself for the last few years? You have so much left to do in life! So does Brooke. Oh God, you're both just too young for this.
Lucas: Don't cry, Mom.
Karen Roe: It's just that I'm scared for you. I can't believe this is happening.

Lucas: How close was I to not existing? Dan wanted an abortion, Mom. Why didn't you listen to him?
Karen Roe: Because I realized... I wanted you in my future.

Lucas: My dad didn't want me, okay? Not just that he didn't want to claim me. He didn't want me to be born. Now I always thought that when I started a family, I'd be older and settled and I'd be...
Brooke: In love?
Lucas: Yeah. But so did my mom.
Brooke: Lucas...
Lucas: No, look - this whole thing scares the hell outta me, okay? But whatever you decide to do, I'll be there. And if you're not ready, then you're not ready, but if you wanna have this baby - then so do I, and whatever it takes for me to be a good father, I'll be there. Always. I promise you. I won't let you down.

Brooke: I lied.
Lucas: What?
Brooke: I'm not pregnant.
Lucas: Wha - But I saw the test.
Brooke: I know. And when the doctor called, he said I wasn't pregnant. He said that can happen.
Lucas: Okay, no-no-no-no no. I-I-I was standing right there when he called.
Brooke: And you had just called me a slut.
Lucas: So you lied to me to punish me? How could you do that?
Brooke: How could you cheat on me with my best friend?
Lucas: Brooke, I never meant to hurt you.
Brooke: That doesn't really matter, Lucas. 'Cause in the end it all hurts just the same.

othaddict34

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:50 AM »
You are right that was a great episode.  That scene with Brooke and Lucas was so powerful.  I felt so bad for both of them.

jojorules

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:58:15 AM »
regardless if he cheated on her the situation got set up where he called her a slut. She called him a broho and insulted him so he said how do i know it's mine as a rebuttle she instigated the slut call not that i warrent it at all. and he was pretty supportive at the end and i duno if you had a dad who wanted you to be aborted how mad would you be if a girl lied to you about the same thing when it's still a wound and a big part of your life. i don't think cheating w/o sleeping together warrents that just because of lucas' history of being a "bastard" child and not wanted and he realized he didnt want to be dan and all that emotions. he even told karen and it was all a joke to hurt him. i think they both messed up bigtime in that episode but it was well done

BroodyLovesCheery

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:00:11 AM »
^^Um I didnt even mention that. We were discussing how powerful those moments were not how controversial. Please read what I typed again and then open up a debate.

jojorules

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 02:02:31 AM »
i know i was just adding on to the powerfullness and that was a scene you typed so it was important to the powerfulness. i was just adding my opinions on it

jojorules

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 02:06:24 AM »
it was powerful to me bc of that history lucas/dan have and karen/dan and brooke/lucas so it gets all the controversy going

Offline fool4love20

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Tragically Beautiful
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »
For some reason this is the episode that made me the hardcore BLer I am. First episode I cried in too. I just wanted them to work it out because you could tell just how much she really loved him.

BroodyLovesCheery

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 02:17:55 AM »
Originally posted by fool4love20
For some reason this is the episode that made me the hardcore BLer I am. First episode I cried in too. I just wanted them to work it out because you could tell just how much she really loved him.

I knowww It was so emotional. I cried so much in taht episode. It proved to me how much Brooke felt for him and how he was so sorry.

sophia-fan

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »
Probably the best episode of season one. So many powerful and emotional scenes in that eppy, LOVED IT!

Broken

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »
The pregnancy scare was good at the beginnging and a good story... then Brooke went and lied to Lucas, i meen why would she lie about something that life changing? it sort of made Brooke look immature there.

Katielove19

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »
That was kind of random. Yeah, she made a mistake and people do things for a reason. She was hurt and she truly did believe she was pregnant until she got the phone call. It was still nice to see Lucas act like a responsible man because he still cared for her.

iloveoth323

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »
Originally posted by Broken
The pregnancy scare was good at the beginnging and a good story... then Brooke went and lied to Lucas, i meen why would she lie about something that life changing? it sort of made Brooke look immature there.

she wasnt thinking straight, she thought that she was pregnant, lucas had just called her a slut, and lucas cheated on brooke with her BEST friend... i mean if all of those things happened to me im sure i would say something that i would regret later

iloveoth323

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »
Originally posted by BroodyLovesCheery
I have to say, I absolutely loved that episode. It was so good and heartwrenching. It was very interesting to see Lucas in Dan's place for a second. I think that was the best Chad and Sophia had acted the whole season. I was so proud of Lucas when he was taking the responsibility and trying to be there for Brooke.

Some really good quotes from that episode-

Karen Roe: [after finding out Brooke is pregnant, Karen has slapped Lucas] Lucas! I didn't mean it.
Lucas: I'm pretty sure you did.
Karen Roe: No! It's just - do you understand? This is *exactly* what I didn't want for you! I mean, have I been talking to myself for the last few years? You have so much left to do in life! So does Brooke. Oh God, you're both just too young for this.
Lucas: Don't cry, Mom.
Karen Roe: It's just that I'm scared for you. I can't believe this is happening.

Lucas: How close was I to not existing? Dan wanted an abortion, Mom. Why didn't you listen to him?
Karen Roe: Because I realized... I wanted you in my future.

Lucas: My dad didn't want me, okay? Not just that he didn't want to claim me. He didn't want me to be born. Now I always thought that when I started a family, I'd be older and settled and I'd be...
Brooke: In love?
Lucas: Yeah. But so did my mom.
Brooke: Lucas...
Lucas: No, look - this whole thing scares the hell outta me, okay? But whatever you decide to do, I'll be there. And if you're not ready, then you're not ready, but if you wanna have this baby - then so do I, and whatever it takes for me to be a good father, I'll be there. Always. I promise you. I won't let you down.

Brooke: I lied.
Lucas: What?
Brooke: I'm not pregnant.
Lucas: Wha - But I saw the test.
Brooke: I know. And when the doctor called, he said I wasn't pregnant. He said that can happen.
Lucas: Okay, no-no-no-no no. I-I-I was standing right there when he called.
Brooke: And you had just called me a slut.
Lucas: So you lied to me to punish me? How could you do that?
Brooke: How could you cheat on me with my best friend?
Lucas: Brooke, I never meant to hurt you.
Brooke: That doesn't really matter, Lucas. 'Cause in the end it all hurts just the same.

i agree... this was such a powerful and wonderful eppisode!

Broken

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »
Originally posted by iloveoth323
Originally posted by Broken

she wasnt thinking straight, she thought that she was pregnant, lucas had just called her a slut, and lucas cheated on brooke with her BEST friend... i mean if all of those things happened to me im sure i would say something that i would regret later

I can understand why she did it, i probably would have done the same thing, even though i'm a guy and i can't get pregnant lmao!

but i just don't think it portrayed Brooke very well as a character to some of the veiwers, but it did show how much Lucas cares about her even after they were broken up :)

jojorules

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »
she set him up to call her a slut he didnt even say that she called him a buncha names so he retalliated oh how do i know its mine.. he took full responsibilty and no way is there logic to defend telling a bastard child sorry to swear but he is that wanted him to be aborted that he is going to have an illegit son also.....that is a lot and his mom slapped him and put him through those karen/lucas scenes all for a mean joke..,,than lucas never mentioned it again that he was mad at brooke for lying bout it it was stil all his fault i thought they shoulda made a bigger deal and peyton never knew brooke lied bout that.