Author Topic: Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek  (Read 9674 times)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
Re: Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Of coruse it wasn't. I don't even know how this thread exists.

Offline justafan

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:43 AM »
ABSOLUTELY NOT. It doesn't matter how overexposed she made herself, Ian was 100% responsible for ALL of his actions. It could have been avoided, but it was not her fault in any way.
I always thought that Ian was seeking out someone that looked like his girlfriend that died.  And Peyton posting that open video was perfect for his obsession

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:13 AM »
This thread is basically the equivalent of saying that a girl who wears revealing clothing is at fault for getting raped. At least to me. Sure she probably shouldn't have posted videos of herself or given out that much info, but it's still not her fault that Ian was a psycho.

Also, I didn't know I already posted in this thread exactly a year ago today...weird.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:01:03 AM by Andrea »

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
Peyton even admitted she should've been smarter about what she posted, but it wasn't her fault that Ian was insane or that his girlfriend Maggie died. It's not Peyton's fault she looked like his dead girlfriend or that he decided to stalk her. Peyton can't and shouldn't be held responsible for Psycho Derek's actions. She didn't ask to be stalked or nearly killed/raped. And I freaking hate victim blaming, which is what the majority of this thread is.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline justafan

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 02:52:48 AM »
I just can't see why someone would blame a victim to begin with

Offline Molina

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
Okay. So what I think about this is that Peyton here, who is nowhere to blame shouldn't be.  ??? Cuz all she did was share her feelings with unknown people ONLY because she had no one else she could share them with. Except for maybe Lucas who was her only friend at that point of time. I mean, We live in a world where almost everyone shares their personal information on social networking sites or interacts with a few  people who they know only through the internet. So I think that blaming Peyton for the whole thing is absolutely incorrect. It is not done.
We just have to accept the fact that Derek was a freaking psychopath.  :D

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
Should Peyton be blamed for Psycho Derek going psycho on her - heck NO!  Should Peyton have been smarter with her choices concerning what she posted on the internet about herself and so easily accepting Derek as her brother - yes.  But none of that equates her "deserving" to be attacked.