Author Topic: Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Amy

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 02:17:37 PM »
I don't think it was Peyton's fault at all.

So what that she had a webcam? Loads of people do and I'm pretty sure they don't expect they are gonna have a psycho stalker after them and try to kill them from it.

iloveNaley

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
I think it was somewhat her fault. She was basically telling the world about her life and what's happening.. and thats not safe. It was bound to have happened.

That's why in the real world, you don't go on the computer and just blabb out your life and your problems to strangers. There's pyscho people out there!

Offline Addicted To OTH

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon Made By Me. ;D
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »
It's not safe but it was her own outlet and I don't think it was entirely her fault.

It wasn't even like she was a girl on Myspace who met with a total stranger.

She seriously thought PD was her brother and she wanted to have a family relationship.
She didn't think he was a stranger.

iloveNaley

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
I never said it was entirely her fault... but if she didn't podcast her whole life on the internet, Derek wouldn't have come after her..

she didn't even know how to reach her brother at the time, so like she said in the episode.. "Derek, if your listenning to this.." so basically she was talking to strangers.. and since she didn't even know her brother, he's considered a stranger.

Offline Addicted To OTH

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon Made By Me. ;D
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »
That's true.
But I agree with PS.Whatever, she wasn't talking to one specific person on the internet.
She was talking in general.

Yeah, she didn't know her brother and thus he was a stranger but if you had a long lost brother and you thought that you had found him, wouldn't you accept him?

I mean, she didn't know how her brother looked like and that PART wasn't her fault.

iloveNaley

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
^ I agree. But this all started because of what she said on her podcasts.

And, she didn't accept Derek right away.. and I wouldn't accept him right away either because he had NO proof of being my brother.. I mean, he hangs up on Peyton/me, and then shows up on the porch.. like why didn't he call?

Offline Addicted To OTH

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon Made By Me. ;D
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »
Yeah.
But I don't think it's entirely her fault.
I don't believe in blaming the victims for a criminals action.

Oh yeah, she didn't.
I would have been suspicious too but PD was pretty convincing. Even I was convinced but that was because I hadn't read spoilers like a lot of other people had.
Still, I don't blame Peyton for trying to be closer with her brother.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 12:16:36 AM »
ummmm NO.

Do you think girls get raped because its their faults they are out walking somewhere late at night, or wearing a skirt or a shirt thats a bit revealing? No.

And Stalker Ian WAS going to rape her and maybe much worse. He was sick. Its not Peytons fault at all.

Offline MaddyOTHFreak

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • ♫ My life is not complete without some music! ♫
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 05:50:41 AM »
I think its not her fault at all. She couldn't never know that Psycho Derek was not her brother. And its hard for her to let people in to her life. But im glad that she got to know her real brother and that she learned how she can stand up for herself after everything she had been through.

BigGameJames

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »
Originally posted by Dorkodancer147
ummmm NO.

Do you think girls get raped because its their faults they are out walking somewhere late at night, or wearing a skirt or a shirt thats a bit revealing? No.

And Stalker Ian WAS going to rape her and maybe much worse. He was sick. Its not Peytons fault at all.

Exactly.

PS.Whatever

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
^^ Totally agree!!

.brucaslove.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
its definitely partially peyton's fault. i mean its kind of common sense that you shouldnt broadcast your entire life in front of a webcam. she got undressed in front of it, told everyone A LOT of personal things about herself on there...she should have been more careful with what she said and did. ian never would have found out about peyton if she hadnt broad casted herself and her life on the internet. once he found her...all of that was his fault. but she set it up. you dont share your personal life online. its just not common sense.

its not all her fault...but some of the blame should be placed on her. she also should have been more cautious about letting her "brother" into her life. get to know him in public places, have him show some sort of proof of his name, etc. dont just invite him into your house right away. she did talk about him on her podcast...so it could have been anyone showing up...which it was. she just should have been more careful and taken more precautions.

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »
She definately should have been used her podcast/webcam more responsibly, but being attacked by a psycho was in NO way her fault.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.

sequel

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 02:40:37 AM »
Originally posted by .brucaslove.
its not all her fault...but some of the blame should be placed on her. she also should have been more cautious about letting her "brother" into her life. get to know him in public places, have him show some sort of proof of his name, etc. dont just invite him into your house right away. she did talk about him on her podcast...so it could have been anyone showing up...which it was. she just should have been more careful and taken more precautions.

totally agree. I mean well she had this web-cam, she made her podcasts and so on... but if she didn' tell that she was looking for her brother to the whole Internet community Ian would never get to her so close! I think that was her mistake - to tell the name of her bro in front of the web-cam. exactly this thing gave the 'great' opportunity to PD!
but well I really loved this storyline... it was awesome and it made Peyton and Brooke to get back their friendship!

sawyerscottTLA

Re: Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 06:13:49 AM »
I don't mean to be negative toward peyton, i do like peyton only because i seriously love Hilarie Burton.

Ok with the whole Psycho Derek and Peyton thing. Isn't it Peyton's fault on how she got a stalker. Yea, Psycho Ian Banks was sick and obsessive. What if Peyton never had that webcam, do you think she would have still got a stalker, i don't really think so.

Half of this has to be put on Peyton, if she never had that webcam, she never would have got a stalker in Psycho Ian/Derek. I know peyton couldn't do anything about Ian being sick but if she never gave out personal information out to the world, Psycho Derek would have never happened. Peyton should know that there are alot of sick people out in the world, even with people as hot as Psycho Ian...I guess peyton will think about next time she does a podcast lol

I am not complaining about this storyline, i loved this story...it brought some good creepy drama, great acting from Hilarie and of course we got Matt Bar.

so whats your thoughts?

yeah it was not very smart on her part, but if anyone said it was her fault or that she deserved it is almost as bad as saying that a girl who got raped deserved it for wearing a short skirt or flirting w a guy who turned out to be messed up in the head. yeah, it wasn't smart, but no, she didn't deserve it.