Author Topic: Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek  (Read 9535 times)

MilliRocks

Was it Peyton\'s fault with the whole Psycho Derek
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:09:32 PM »
I don't mean to be negative toward peyton, i do like peyton only because i seriously love Hilarie Burton.

Ok with the whole Psycho Derek and Peyton thing. Isn't it Peyton's fault on how she got a stalker. Yea, Psycho Ian Banks was sick and obsessive. What if Peyton never had that webcam, do you think she would have still got a stalker, i don't really think so.

Half of this has to be put on Peyton, if she never had that webcam, she never would have got a stalker in Psycho Ian/Derek. I know peyton couldn't do anything about Ian being sick but if she never gave out personal information out to the world, Psycho Derek would have never happened. Peyton should know that there are alot of sick people out in the world, even with people as hot as Psycho Ian...I guess peyton will think about next time she does a podcast lol

I am not complaining about this storyline, i loved this story...it brought some good creepy drama, great acting from Hilarie and of course we got Matt Bar.

so whats your thoughts?

lucasfan118

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »
no i dont think its her fault atall,  how was she suppose to know this guy was a psycho. shes not to blame atall imo.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
I think peyton being so open on the web did open the door for Ian, you shouldn't be THAT open when on the internet, period....

But I wouldn't say she is solely at fault, I do think if she didn't do the web cam thing, it wouldn't have happened, but I liked the storyline cuz' it helped show you can't be too careful on the net, you know?? Theres a lot of psychos out there, for one reason only, to get to YOU so everyone should be careful....

MilliRocks

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
Originally posted by mary7roses
I think peyton being so open on the web did open the door for Ian, you shouldn't be THAT open when on the internet, period....

But I wouldn't say she is solely at fault, I do think if she didn't do the web cam thing, it wouldn't have happened, but I liked the storyline cuz' it helped show you can't be too careful on the net, you know?? Theres a lot of psychos out there, for one reason only, to get to YOU so everyone should be careful....

I completely agree with all of that. Like i said, i loved this storyline...I think this was the best part of season 4.

but i did not get the twist in 4.20 i believe, i forget which episode. When Peyton and Brooke finds out that his ex girlfriend who died looked alot like peyton, if that was true why didn't he just call peyton by his girlfriend name

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "why didn't he call peyton by his girlfriend name"

I am confused...lol....

MilliRocks

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "why didn't he call peyton by his girlfriend name"

I am confused...lol....

remember when we found out that Psycho Ian had a girlfriend who looked like Peyton in 4.18 or 4.19, i forget i think its one of those episodes.

The ending of this stalker story made me so confused.

BigGameJames

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
I completely disagree. We are living in a modern age where podcasts/webcams/internet etc is a common method of allowing us to communicate. Yes, Peyton had a podcast but unless she gave out personal details such as her address and said "this is where I live, do come over" then she is in no way to blame.  Someone hosting a webcam/podcast on the internet being blamed for being stalked is just like saying that a woman wearing a short skirt is the one at fault when she was raped. Unless the targeted individual does something which encourages the sociopathic or psychotic behaviour of another, then I don't see how anyone could possibly say the victim is even minutely to blame.

BigGameJames

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »

I am confused...lol....

It was psychotic behaviour. His personality succumbed to the personality of somebody else; in this case Derek, Peyton's brother.  By becoming 'Derek' Ian no longer existed, thus his high school girlfriend didn't exist either. As he had taken on another identity, his fascination was with another person. In this case, Peyton.  I believe it is to do with represeed feelings of anger/guilt/loss etc and an event, such as him driving the car which killed his high school gf, eventually triggered this psychotic episode/personality disorder.

Offline Jamie

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:41:09 AM »
I think it was somewhat her fault. She did overly expose herself on her webcam, way more than most people. But at the same time, she didn't know he was a psycho and she was finally opening up to someone. So I don't think it's completely her fault.

But it doesn't really matter cause that was my favorite storyline EVER.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 03:13:10 AM »
I don't think it's really her fault.  All she was doing was talking about her life, not giving out her address and social security number.

PS.Whatever

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
It's not Peyton's fault, she was finding her own way of expressing herself, considering she's on her own pretty much all the time. She needed to talk to someone, so she started talking on the Podcast, she didn't think that she would end up with a stalker.

Elllie.girl

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 07:28:04 AM »
I always found it weird how much of herself she exposed on the internt but with others she can be quite guarded... i mean with her podcasts and her webcam and my space page etc... it really did open the door for Ian... but thats not to put the blame solely on Peyton... no one deserves what happened to her

MilliRocks

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
Originally posted by Elllie.girl
I always found it weird how much of herself she exposed on the internt but with others she can be quite guarded... i mean with her podcasts and her webcam and my space page etc... it really did open the door for Ian... but thats not to put the blame solely on Peyton... no one deserves what happened to her

yea, i agree. I think Mark did a great thing here with psycho Ian and Peyton because believe it or not. A young beautiful girl who has a webcam could possibly get a stalker if she gives out too much information.

PS.Whatever

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
Originally posted by Elllie.girl

There is a defference in talking with people, and talking into a microphone to no one.. but also the world could listen.. she felt more at ease to talk her heart out on her podcasts, than to talk to people. There is nothing wrong with that.

Offline LucasFanForever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Finn & Rachel
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 02:13:55 PM »
She has her faults but she wasn't thinking about it. She just wanted to let our feelings out and that was the only way she thought of.