Author Topic: 3x21 Jake\'s Sacrifice  (Read 8044 times)

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
Re: 3x21 Jake\'s Sacrifice
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
I never said you couldn't love more than one people in your life. What I never got about LP is how they fell in love with other people and loved them WHILE they supposedly still were in love with each other. Don't you people say they have always been in love with each other throughout the entire series? That's what I thinks is impossible to happen. Once you truly love someone, you just don't fall in love with someone else.

How is that impossible or hard to understand? You don't think people can be in love with two people at once? It happens every day and there are so many people in real life who are in love with more than just one person. Just because you truly love someone doesn't mean you can't fall in love with someone else especially if you end a relationship and try to move on. Which is exactly what Lucas did. He was in love with Peyton but their relationship wasn't working out for him and he eventually fell in love with Lindsey, too. Not that far-fetched.

And yes, people do have rebounds but I think it was crystal clear none of them were, especially Jake and Lindsey, who were people LP proposed to. You don't marry rebounds, you sleep with them. Which means you have no feelings for that person. But LP both had feelings for Jake, Lindsey, Julian and Brooke.

Okay, I'm going to disagree with this. I think it was crystal clear that Lindsey was Lucas' rebound. He only accepted her date because he thought Peyton didn't show up to his book signing. Had he seen Peyton there, he and Lindsey would've never started a relationship. Yes, he proposed to Lindsey AFTER she found the ring and was about to walk out on him; it wasn't like Lucas truly wanted to propose to her until Lindsey reassured him and said everything he wanted to hear. Having someone as a rebound doesn't mean that you can't eventually develop feelings for them or fall in love with them. It's the simple fact that they were initially used as a distraction which is exactly what Lucas did to Lindsey and Peyton did to Julian.

One thing I will agree with you about is how Jake was never Peyton's rebound but I can't say the same for Julian.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
You're missing the point. I don't care if LP loved BLJJ more or less than they loved each other. The question is that they did love other people. That's what I'm trying to say and that's one of the things I never understood or appreciated about LP.

Well, I don't understand people like Nathan and Haley for example. How can they know if they are the ones for each other, when they didn't even love other people? Just because they married at 17 doesn't mean that they love each other more then other couples who had a more complicated journey....

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
Well, I don't understand people like Nathan and Haley for example. How can they know if they are the ones for each other, when they didn't even love other people? Just because they married at 17 doesn't mean that they love each other more then other couples who had a more complicated journey....

No one said NH love each other more than LP. Did I say that? No, I didn't. And whaaaat? So you have to date more than one person to know who's the one for you? That's hilarious!
A: "Do you love me?"
B: "Oh baby, give me just a sec while I'll go and fall completely in love with that gal. I'll tell you then, okay?"

To me, it isn't possible to love two people at the same time. It isn't. And that's where LP are a fail to me. But hey, if you like 'em and appreciate those type of relationships, what can I do?

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Did I say that they should date other people? No. But they didn't sell me their love for "always and forever".

I loved two people at the same time. That's why I know it's possible. I loved and lost somebody and then met somebody new and loved again. But I still loved my lost love. And in the end I turned back to it.

So maybe that's why you can't see my POV. But if something didn't happened to you, it doesn't mean it can't happen to somebody else. Because people are built different.

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
Did I say that they should date other people? No. But they didn't sell me their love for "always and forever".

I loved two people at the same time. That's why I know it's possible. I loved and lost somebody and then met somebody new and loved again. But I still loved my lost love. And in the end I turned back to it.

So maybe that's why you can't see my POV. But if something didn't happened to you, it doesn't mean it can't happen to somebody else. Because people are built different.

Okay, it happened to you. But I still think that if something like this happens, then that means that maybe you didn't love that other person as much as you thought you did. I'm not saying this is the case or that what you felt isn't how you put it. Only you know how you felt and I'm not judging that. I just think this will always be one of the things that I really won't believe it's possible until I experience it. Thanks for sharing your experience though. I appreciate it.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
^I don't agree.

Jake couldn't make Peyton forget Lucas, so clearly he wasn't good enough.

It's not about how great is the guy, it's about how him loving you makes you feel complete. And that guy was Lucas for Peyton.
They were always meant for each other, in spite of Jake/Julian and Brooke/Lindsey loving them.

thats your opinion, mine is JAKE was the best boy she could ever has, and for me is all about how the guy is, he has to be a good MAN.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
and this thread is for talking about JAKE. Not about the good lucas :)

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »
Okay, I love Jake and I loved Jeyton (best guy for Peyton, IMO) but I'd hardly call this a sacrifice.  Why would you stay with a girl who clearly had feelings for someone else?  And if he had kept the little Lucas sleeping comment to himself then he would have been a big douche. I think he was insanely sweet, especially when he tried talking reason with Peyton and how he helped her realize her feelings for herself but a sacrifice - not really.