Author Topic: 3x21 Jake\'s Sacrifice  (Read 7947 times)

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: 3x21 Jake\'s Sacrifice
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
I loved Jake. I thought Jake and Peyton made a really good couple too, until Lucas was brought up in the episode where he made that decision I didn't even think that you could see Peyton was thinking about Lucas, do you get me? Whereas with Brooke and Lucas, Lucas always seemed to be thinking of Peyton. Maybe that was just me that saw that though haha.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 07:19:33 PM »
until Lucas was brought up in the episode where he made that decision I didn't even think that you could see Peyton was thinking about Lucas, do you get me?

Yeah true, but I think that was the whole point. Jake could tell Peyton's heart was with Lucas even if she didn't see it yet. Then she went back to find out... and realised in the 'I love you' bed scene in the Naley performance that she did in fact love him.

NickJess

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
Oh yeah I get that. I didn't mean that wasn't the point. I just meant that this couple just fit really well together, didn't think I had made myself clear lol. Bryan and Hilarie bounce off each other really well, much better than her and Chad, but I don't know if that's just because Jake and Peyton seemed more light hearted than Peyton and Lucas.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
I loved Jake and think he's by far, the best guy on the show. But him letting Peyton go wasn't much of a sacrifice nor was it really selfless...

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
I loved Jake and think he's by far, the best guy on the show. But him letting Peyton go wasn't much of a sacrifice nor was it really selfless...

Agree with the first sentence. Not so much with the second. Why do you think he wasn't selfless or what he did wasn't that much of a sacrifice? I'm not on bitchy tone, I'm just genuinely interested in reading your pov. Thanks.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
Agree with the first sentence. Not so much with the second. Why do you think he wasn't selfless or what he did wasn't that much of a sacrifice? I'm not on bitchy tone, I'm just genuinely interested in reading your pov. Thanks.
[/quote

In my opinion, it wasn't like he secretly knew Peyton was so madly in love with Lucas that he willingly let her go to be with him. He overheard her saying that she's in love with Lucas or whatever and that's why he chose to not be with her. I mean, he has not only himself to think about but he also has his daughter, and if Peyton was whispering how she loves another guy that she's had serious history with, don't you think Jake is always going to be concerned about Peyton leaving him for Lucas?

Basically, I don't think he sacrificed anything or was selfless in letting Peyton go because:
1.) he knew she was in love with Lucas because he heard he saying so
2.) he didn't want to risk getting his heart broken or his daughter's heart broken if she got attached to Peyton.

I do, however, think it was extremely gracious of him to let Peyton go. But it's not something I would call being selfless or even a sacrifice. I think a lot of OTH fans always think someone's being selfless or sacrificing something when, in my opinion, they're really not (i.e. Brooke letting Lucas go to Peyton in 409 and Peyton letting Lucas go to Lindsey in s5).

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
[/quote

In my opinion, it wasn't like he secretly knew Peyton was so madly in love with Lucas that he willingly let her go to be with him. He overheard her saying that she's in love with Lucas or whatever and that's why he chose to not be with her. I mean, he has not only himself to think about but he also has his daughter, and if Peyton was whispering how she loves another guy that she's had serious history with, don't you think Jake is always going to be concerned about Peyton leaving him for Lucas?

Basically, I don't think he sacrificed anything or was selfless in letting Peyton go because:
1.) he knew she was in love with Lucas because he heard he saying so
2.) he didn't want to risk getting his heart broken or his daughter's heart broken if she got attached to Peyton.

I do, however, think it was extremely gracious of him to let Peyton go. But it's not something I would call being selfless or even a sacrifice. I think a lot of OTH fans always think someone's being selfless or sacrificing something when, in my opinion, they're really not (i.e. Brooke letting Lucas go to Peyton in 409 and Peyton letting Lucas go to Lindsey in s5).

K, you do have a point. Like button.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »
Jake was the best boy Peyton could ever have but ...

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »
^I don't agree.

Jake couldn't make Peyton forget Lucas, so clearly he wasn't good enough.

It's not about how great is the guy, it's about how him loving you makes you feel complete. And that guy was Lucas for Peyton.
They were always meant for each other, in spite of Jake/Julian and Brooke/Lindsey loving them.

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
^I don't agree.

Jake couldn't make Peyton forget Lucas, so clearly he wasn't good enough.

It's not about how great is the guy, it's about how him loving you makes you feel complete. And that guy was Lucas for Peyton.
They were always meant for each other, in spite of Jake/Julian and Brooke/Lindsey loving them.

I guess that's where our definition of love changes. To me, when you love someone you just can't fall in love with other people and love them. And both Peyton and Lucas fell in love with other people and loved those same people, even after "being in love with each other". To me, that just isn't possible. And that's where my idea of LP being an awful couple begins: the fact that they had relationships with other people they loved and were in love with while they, apparently, were always in love with each other. It's far-fetched and completely unbelievable. Because, at some point, Lucas was in love with Brooke and even Lindsey. Just like Peyton was with Jake and Julian.

But I get it, some couples are "always and forever", others just make it to "sometimes and forever". It's how life works.

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
It isn't far-fetched and completely unbelievable. It's called a rebound. And IMO that's exactly what Brooke/Lindsey and Jake/Julian were to LP.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
You know, it is possible and even allowed to fall in love with different people through your lifetime. It's called trying to move on. Just because he loved Brooke/Lindsey it doesn't mean he stopped loving Peyton. Same goes for Peyton. LP hurt each other a lot. Not intentional, but because of the circumstances. So they tried to move on from each other. Clearly it worked so well...

Not every girl marry her first boyfriend at 17. And than stays with said bf "always and forever". For some is "TRUE love always" and the struggle to get an "always and forever".

For some people the journey to their happily ever after brought other people in their life. They (LP) love them (Brooke/Lindsey and Jake/Julian) but all of them knew that L/P always loved each other more then they could love them. All 4 (Brooke, Lindsey, Jake, Julian) of them pointed it out at some point in time.

Brooke/Lindsey broke up with him because they believed Lucas loved Peyton more. Jake/Julian broke up with Peyton because they believed she loved Lucas more. What are the chances that all 4 of them were wrong in believing that they can't compete with LP true feelings? There must be a reason why L/P couldn't convince two gf/bf that they are over P/L.

PS: what Destined4Greatness said. I was only trying to make it sound nicer.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:28:28 PM by overcode »

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »
I never said you couldn't love more than one people in your life. What I never got about LP is how they fell in love with other people and loved them WHILE they supposedly still were in love with each other. Don't you people say they have always been in love with each other throughout the entire series? That's what I thinks is impossible to happen. Once you truly love someone, you just don't fall in love with someone else.

And yes, people do have rebounds but I think it was crystal clear none of them were, especially Jake and Lindsey, who were people LP proposed to. You don't marry rebounds, you sleep with them. Which means you have no feelings for that person. But LP both had feelings for Jake, Lindsey, Julian and Brooke.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
I never said you couldn't love more than one people in your life. What I never got about LP is how they fell in love with other people and loved them WHILE they supposedly still were in love with each other. Don't you people say they have always been in love with each other throughout the entire series? That's what I thinks is impossible to happen. Once you truly love someone, you just don't fall in love with someone else.

And yes, people do have rebounds but I think it was crystal clear none of them were, especially Jake and Lindsey, who were people LP proposed to. You don't marry rebounds, you sleep with them. Which means you have no feelings for that person. But LP both had feelings for Jake, Lindsey, Julian and Brooke.

Remember what Brooke told Lucas in 610 about Peyton's feelings for Julian? That applies in all 4 cases.

How come neither Lucas nor Peyton couldn't keep for forever those relationships with either Brooke, Lindsey Jake or Julian (BLJJ for short :D )? Because even though LP thought they give themselves completely its clear that BLJJ didn't feel the same way.

While both L and P told BL/JJ they loved them, BL/JJ didn't believe them. So maybe LP were lying to themselves when they professed their love for BL/JJ.

Question: don't you know at least a couple in your real life who got married, even though they are not each other love of life, or at least one of them doesn't see the other as his/her love of life? But they care for each other and decided to try. Until the fate will step in at least...

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »
You're missing the point. I don't care if LP loved BLJJ more or less than they loved each other. The question is that they did love other people. That's what I'm trying to say and that's one of the things I never understood or appreciated about LP.

don't you know at least a couple in your real life who got married, even though they are not each other love of life, or at least one of them doesn't see the other as his/her love of life? But they care for each other and decided to try. Until the fate will step in at least...

Yeah and I don't get that either.