Author Topic: Brooke in 322  (Read 7520 times)

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
Re: Brooke in 322
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
This was after they broke up?
Well either way Sophia did an amazing job on this episode. No matter how often I watch it, she amazes me.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
This was after they broke up?
Well either way Sophia did an amazing job on this episode. No matter how often I watch it, she amazes me.
I'm pretty sure it was
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
OK...that makes it even more incredible I think.

This episode is what made me watch the show. I saw a small part of it and thought I might just give it a try...so I watched season 1-3 in the summerbreak before fourth season. Which ended up being great because I only had to wait a week and a half to see how the cliffhanger would resolve itself.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:37 AM »
3x22 was one of the first episodes I saw aswell. At the time, I wasn't even sure there would be a S4. So when I heard it was starting again, I was really happing since it ended with a cliffhanger.

Sophia's performance was great! I didn't even realise back then, they had just broken things off irl aswell, so that only makes it more real...

For Chad's counts the same thought. I think they both nailed it!

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
I was re-watching the episode last night, and I loveee Brooke so much. Sophia did such an amazing job during the whole episode.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 08:15:12 AM »
^^ I watched it yesterday too!!

I couldn't help but cringe as Lucas was telling her about the kiss. It was hard to watch. I felt so bad for her.

Great finale though, with all Brooke's sadness. I even loved the fight between BP.  Whenever there are fights I always think that brings out some great acting.

Offline justafan

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »
Yeah I remember in the commentary they were talking about how emotionally ready she was to film those scenes between them. Sophia's performance was soo good.
that scene was Sophia's best work. 

tbh, that scene...as far as Sophia's side was everything she was feeling about her split with Chad and finally got to say it.  That scene was a CS scene more than it was a BL scene.

Offline LizzieBra

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »
Sorry to bump but need to comment on this. I thought it was Sophia's greatest ever scene.

And like many have said I thought it was more about her and Chad than Lucas & Brooke.

I would have really liked to see the crew and what they were thinking, and co stars watching just because of how hard it must have been for her. They obviously needed to break them up because I don't think they would have lasted as characters together otherwise.

Just as much as Soph was amazing, Chad did really well too.

That's one of the toughest asks ever I believe.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
That scene was AMAZING. And I gotta say I'm pretty sure 3.22 was Sophia's best episode!! She really rocked season 3
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline onlyoth23

• Believing you'll do well is half the battle...
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
you dont know me & you dont even care, ohh yeah...
onlyoth<3

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
She was pretty amazing. The scene where she told Lucas he didn't let her in were so great
Exactly.  I cried right along with Brooke during this scene.  Sophia did an amazing job.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 07:25:22 AM »
That was the best acting from Sophia on the course of the show, I believe.

But at the same time the scene felt kind of awkward because that could have been Sophia saying those things to Chad about their break up. lol

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
^GOD, that song is precious...I love it.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »
I didn't care for Brooke at all in S 1-3, but that episode made me feel soooo bad for Brooke. I think she had internalized so much about her insecurities and feelings for Lucas.

Like, I never really thought she cared that much about Lucas, and thought the whole stupid friends with benefits and non exclusive thing was utter crap and she was just being a bratty baby about the whole thing. But I finally got it after that last fight, plus the previous fights where she told Lucas he was supposed to fight for her and not just give up after a little challenge. Lucas wasn't giving her his whole heart, even though is words were nice and sweet and he wrote her letters, his actions showed that his heart wasn't backing up what his words were saying and after that I understood Brooke more and came to like her a lot in S4 and through the rest of the series. While she didn't go through as much crap and pain as Peyton, she had heart heard shredded sooo many times and it was really unfair to Brooke, especially with how much Lucas tried to convinced her and himself that she was what he wanted. God, that scene still makes my heart ache for Brooke, because she deserved sooo much better than the repeat cycle of crap that Lucas put her through. (In case you couldn't tell, I can't stand Lucas S1-4 in regards to the BLP triangle).
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
The scene itself was great, maybe the best in the whole show....but to me it didn't connect with what I saw in season 3 at all. I didn't feel like she was holding on to Lucas "for dear life". Lucas made more sense to me when he said that "she's been waiting to push him away". Like she's been waiting for him to make one small mistake so she can break up with him and not have to worry about getting hurt again. I never understood her argument in 322.